Something to Feel||Prologue

Hazel POV

"Mama can you please stay I have my dance practice today?" I beg, but she didn't budge.

"Baby, I have to work I'm sorry but after I promise I will take you out to eat okay?" She asked and I nodded.

"Okay." I said. "I still have an hour before dance, can I go outside please?"

"Yeah go on ahead." She said nodding towards the door. I walk outside to the sun blazing. Like it always was in Florida.

I seen my friends Makayla and Zane. I waved to them as the waved for me to come to them.

"Hey guys." I said smiling.

"Hey Hazel." Zane and Makayla said.

"So what were yall doing?"

"Nothing waiting on that slow ass ice cream man to come cause its hot out here yo." Zane said wiping sweat beads. He always had a ghetto accent kinda like my mama. I got use to him cussing.

"So true Zane." Makayla agreed as I did the same.

"So yo mama still gotta work?" Zane asked. I nodded. "Well my mama said we moving back to California."

"Awwww we gon miss you." Makayla said as Zane nodded. I can tell he was gonna miss us too.

"Ima miss you too Zane." I said as he hugged Makayla then walked to me.

"Ima miss yall to yo." He said. "Hazel take care of yo self. Makayla can handle herself but, you are extraordinary I want you to do good in life and hope I see you sooner than later." He whispered in my ear and backed up.

I nodded. And mouthed 'thank you'.

The ice cream truck came and we walked down the street. I picked a spongebob Popsicle.

We all paid for our things. As we walked down back to our street. I ate the eyes out of spongebob which was my favorite part.

We sat on the steps of my porch. As my mother came outside, with my dance duffle bag.

"Come on Hazel its time to go. Hey Zane and Makayla." She said sweetly.

"Hey Ms.Lynes." They both said before getting up and walking somewhere as I got in the car.

My mom cranked it up as we drove down the road. She turned into my dance studio. Which was not far.

"Okay give mommy a kiss." She said as I kissed her. I loved my mother to death. She was my everything, my life, and whats makes me.

"Okay bye mama." I said as she smiled.

"Bye baby." She said.

I got out the car and walked inside. I greeted everyone and walked to the locker room and changed. I came back out as we started stretches.

We got up and started dancing.

Ms.Jackson helped me learn the moves before we were interrupted.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Sounds came as the police raided the whole studio.

"Everyone get your stuff and get out! Patricia Jackson you are under arrest in possession of drugs. You have to right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be used against you in the court of law." The policeman said.
They made us get our stuff and leave.

I called my mom and it went to voicemail.