Chapter Two||Lookin' 4 It

Everybody phoney ian letting nobody know mehhh like bein' loney ian trippin' over no nigga no way.
~Tinashe

Hazel POV(point of view)

I got out the car after I went to sleep. It was my first time being on a plane so I stayed up, and when I got in the car I was knocked out. I grabbed my two duffel bags and suitcase. I was in South Downtown Los Angeles, California. Which is Compton.

It was a medium house it was peach and it had a low wired gate. I walked through the gate with my things and seen kids playing, pregnant women, and niggas selling or playing dice. I thought I would only see that shit in movies.

I knocked on the door as my supposed to be grandma opened. She was like a stranger cause I never seen, heard, or had anything to to with her. She smiled and hugged me.

"You must be Hazel lawwd you are beautiful. Girl you look just like your.....mother." She said as she looked sad at the mention of my mothers name. She shook it off. "Well lets put your bags in...hurry."

I did as she told and walked up stairs to my room. It was nice. The whole house was nice but the neighborhood was just something else.

Well I guess I have to start unpacking.

______
______

There was a knock at the door as I got up from the couch to open the door and it was a boy who looked at least 14. He looked at me weird then at my grandma.

"Grandma who is this?" He asked. As a man came up beside the boy.

"Hazel." Was all he said before the man pushed past me and the boy as they sat down on the couch.

I didn't have to go get a birth certificate to know he was my father and that was probably my brother.

I sat on the other couch with my grandma as we sat in silence.

"So you are my father huhh?" I asked kinda rudely.

"Yeah....sorry we had to meet up like this. I have my reasons." He said.

I took a good look at him. He was very buff. He wore black True religion pants, a white polo shirt. With some black and red jordans. With a few chains on and a one earring. He look like one of those drug lords. He did look really young.

"Ain't nothing you can do to explain.... You left me and when you came back from jail you aint even come see me. Where were you when I seen my mother on the news body get rolled away? Where were you when I was in the hospital, cause one of my hearts went bad and I needed a transplant?" I asked him on the verge of crying but I decided to suck it up.

"Im sorry your mother didn't let me see you. She said you hated me! I tried everything in my power Hazel and you didn't even believe me!" He yelled at me which made my tears fall.

"My mother ran when she was pregnant you haven't seen me in 15 years. Do you even know when my birthday is?" I asked him.

"June 8 its in two weeks. Hazel I seen you at 8 months. Your mother ran away with you when you were 8 months... Not when she was pregnant I swear to God your mom was lying." He said as I shook my head.

Nothing is the truth I guess everyone was lying to me then.

"Damn just listen to him he tryna help yo stubborn ass." The other boy said. As I looked up slowly facing him.

"Who are you? And who as talking to you?" I asked as he smiled.

"I'm your brother..... My name is Marlo." He said proudly as I rolled my eyes.

"I don't wanna hear nothing else. I dislike you and your disrespectful ass son." I said going up to my room.

Fuck them they aint shit.