Chapter Five|| HML

When ever you want it, want it, want it. You can come and get it, get it, get it. When ever you want it, want it, want it, you just call my digits, digits, digits.
~Tink
*

Hazel POV

I got dressed this morning. I wore ripped jeans and a purple tank top, with some Jordan retro. I didn't grab my binder cause it was still in Devin's car. I combed my hair cause I already had a perm, so I just flat ironed it and when I was done and finna go downstairs I got a call.

"Good mornin'." Devin said into the phone.

"Good morning." I responded.

"Proper ass." He said laughing

"Shut up you." I said laughing also.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'm on my way." He said as I said bye and we hung up. I put my phone in my back pocket as I walked downstairs.

I hugged my grandma as I rolled my eyes at my brother and father.

"Keep rolling 'em they gon' be in da' back of ya' head." My father said. "Aye, son I gotta go to the trap...bye Hazel." He said as I almost rolled my eyes again but scared of what he would do.

"Bye." I said back cause Devin convinced me to make things work with my dad.

But, I am still not changing his contact name. I looked at the time on the clock 6:23am. I ate some cereal.

"Come on I'm finna go." Marlo told me.

"Nope you can go I got a ride." I tell him as he sighs and walks out the door.

My grandma walked in.

"Why are you still here? You 'pose to be at the schoolhouse."

"I gotta ride. Marlo might leave me in the middle of the road or some." I said.

As there was a knock on the door.

"Well I guess there is your ride, but we will talk later and I like that boy Devin you been hanging 'round." Grandma said as I smiled and opened the door to see Devin waving at my grandma and her doing the same.

"Ready to go?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah come on." He said as I got in his car. It was red Dodge challenger.

We drove down the street also fast. What is it with these boys driving fast?

"So how old is Marlo?" I ask out of no where.

"16." He simply said as I was surprised I swear he was like 14 or 15. "His birthday late so he had to be in this grade."

I just nodded. We pull into the school and get out, I grab my phone and headphones as I wrap them around my phone and we start walking.

We walk into the building as a girl comes up to us. Man he gotta girlfriend? Shit.

"Aye mama said she wants you to wash them dishes and you didn't." A girl said. I most certain she is his sister.

"Aight Nicole. I got it." He said harshly as the girl looked at me.

"Look dont try and front around these hoes."

"Look dont call me put my name. I don't know you and you dont know me." I said as Nicole just nodded.

"Stop trippin Nic. Thats Hazel; Marlo sister, and he don't play bout fam."

"Mane, you right. Bye Hazel." She said as I just waved how the hell she go from mean to nice.

"Aight Haze lets go for the bell ring." He said.

*

I was in third period with Devin.
We sat in the class and today we had a sub so I turned in my work to turn up as Devin just marked answers with Bible sentences and hoped he made a good grade. I was positive that was not gonna happen but whatevaa.

"I eat my rice and cabbageeee, ass so fat he wanna grab itttt." Naleeda my new friend was singing as I laughed and Devin shook his head.

"Legs up on the headborddd!" I sung the rest as Devin pushed me a lil.

"I shole did have yo legs up didn't it?"

"Quit playing, you know you cant get this."

He looked at me for a while and laughed.

"We'll see."