Why they attack...

"Pitbulls are bad dogs because of their attack on people for not a single good reason." Is what most people who are afraid say. Here's what one person says about a pitbull attack:

--- Recently here in Louisville, Kentucky a 14-month old girl was mauled to death by the family's pit bull. The mother was feeding her daughter  when pitbull "snapped" and attacked the infant killing her. I'm sad about the tragedy because it didn't have to happen.None of the attacks we have seen had to happen. How many times did this show aggression towards small children. We will never know about that because no one cares about that. How many times did the owner reinforce this type of behavior around their daughter? Again, we will never know because it is not important. Of importance to the general public is a little baby was mauled to death by a vicious pitbull and they should start killing them all (Found @: http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pitbull-attacks-deadly.html)---

When a pitbull attack occurs, most story editors make it sound more gruesome than it really is. People who don't like pitbulls only care about the person harmed and don't even regard the other facts that the pitbull might have attacked. There are too many possibilities for explaining why pitbulls would hurt someone, let alone kill them. NO ONE should accuse a dog of being naturally vicious without "probable cause". Accusing pitbulls are naturrally mean, is just as bad as breaking the 6th and/or 8th ammendment, on a lower level of course! THe pitbull might not be neutered/spayed which gives it more adrenaline making it more agressive than spayed/neutered pitbulls. When walking up to a pitbull to pet (or any dog for that matter) familiarize yourself with it. If you don't smell like anyone the dog may know, it will be defensive and aggressive towards you. Tugging on a pitbull's ears or tail, will only annoy it not make it want to kill someone. They can tolerate a substantial amount of pain, and that's why they are found in dog fights alot. They won't back down unless commanded to by thier master. The main reason a pitbull will attack you, is for being scared around it. JUst like horses, dogs can tell how you are feeling and when you are scared around them , they get scared and aggressive because you are and they don't know why. Always, when around a dog, stay calm and shrink down to their size. When sticking out your hand for a dog to sniff, don't shove it in thier faces, and have your palm facing inwards. this goes for ANY dog. Otherwise they will be timid, defensive, and aggressive when you get near.What I don't get is when a kid is injured or killed by a pomerainian or a border collie, no one cares (it's happened). They think," Well, it doesn't matter because the dog is so small and cute and it rarely happens. What really matters is that kid who got killed by a pitbull, which always will happen because they are monsters." It's just plain stupid from my opinion. ANY DOG can kill you or backlash, so stop always stereotyping the pitbull. Stop saying they're always going to be killers. They won't be killers if you give them the correct care and train them correctly. Take precautions when you are with an unfamiliar dog is what i propose everyone should do no matter what breed!