Miles Away (A Dolan Twins Fanfic)

Chapter 19
Grayson's pov
Eth, Jazz and I were waiting outside the store for Cam to come and pick us up. Jazmine was acting weird, like she was upset. She said she had to call her dad and then walked off, but before she walked around the corner, she put her phone in her pocket. And when we were walking in the store, she barley said anything and she didn't smile at all. She just kept looking at the floor.

"Hey bro, did you notice anything weird about Jazmine while we were in the store? And how she lied about talking to her dad just now?" Eth said interrupting my thoughts.
How the hell? Did he read my thoughts or something?
"Yeah actually. I was just thinking about that. I wonder what's wrong." I said
"You should talk to her dude." Eth said
I sighed. I know.

Jazmine's pov

I stood against the wall of the store for a while, I'm not sure how long. I stood there staring at the sky. I knew Cam would be pulling up soon. With a sigh, I put on a positive face and walked back to Gray and Eth. They gave me a look, and for a second, I felt like they could see right through me.
"Hey." I said with a smile
Grayson looked at me, but I couldn't look into his eyes.
         When Cam pulled up, we put the stuff in the back and got in the car. I sat in the front seat, so I could avoid Gray. I don't think that he did it, but I don't know. So right now, I just need to be alone.
"Hey, it's great that you're moving into our neighborhood! Gray and Eth won't shut up about you." Said Cam
"Thanks. I'm really excited."  I said, managing a weak smile.
   While we were driving, me dad texted me.

Dad: "hey! I'm here! I was gonna wait until you got home, but I couldn't wait!! The movers have already moved all the boxes in the house, so we don't need the boys' help, but It would be nice to invite them to dinner so I can get to know them. I'll see you when yo get here. I love you!"
Me: "ok! I'm so happy you're finally here! I'm almost home! I'll ask if they'd  like to eat with us!"

I'm super excited that me dad is finally here! I've missed him so much. But I just don't really feel like celebrating right now. I can't stop thinking about what ashley said.

We're still together...

Her words kept haunting me.

When we got home, Eth got all the bags out of the back. I got out of the car and gave Cam a hug.
"Thanks for the ride." I said
"No problem! We should hand out sometime. How about tomorrow, if you're not too busy?" She asked
"Yes! I'd love to!" I said
"Awesome. I'll call you" she said as she walked inside with Eth. Wait, why is he going inside with my school stuff?

Gray tapped on my shoulder and snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned around and he wrapped me in a big hug. As much as I wanted to keep my distance until I figured everything out, I missed touching him.

"What's wrong?" He asked
"What? Nothing. I'm fine." I lied
"No you're not. I can tell. You're a really bad liar." He said
I sighed
"I'm fine. I have to go, my dad's waiting for me."
"Didn't you need our help?" He asked
"Oh. Umm, no, the movers already got the boxes and stuff, so I'll just see you guys tomorrow." I said. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and turned to leave.
"Where do you think you're going without saying bye?" I heard Eth call.
I turned around and smiled as I gave Eth a big hug.
"Bye, ill see you later. Umm, where are my bags." I asked
"They're inside. You can have them back when you tell Gray what's up."  He said with a sneaky smile. I rolled my eyes.
"I'm fine. Really. I guess I'll just have to rescue my bags later." I said with a smile. And I walked home. I passed my moms house and went to the one next house which was my new home. I ran up to the porch and opened the door, nearly tripping over a box. My dad came out from around the corner.
"Dad!" I yelled as I ran up and gave him the biggest hug ever.
"Jazz! I missed you so much!" He said. I could tell he was about to cry.
When we finally let go, he asked:
"So where are the boys?"
Oh shit.
"Umm, they couldn't make it, they had a thing with their mom." I lied.
I didn't want to introduce them to my dad because I still had to think.
"Oh, well maybe tomorrow." He said
"Yeah." I said.
"Well, we've got all the boxes, but we still have to set up you're bed and everything. So we can just go out to eat tonight." He said
"Cool." I said
I'm so happy he's here.
"Since your room isn't set up yet, you can just stay at your moms tonight." He said as we walked to the car.
"No, I want to stay with you." I said sadly
" well you need to pack up your room and everything be because  we have a lot to do tomorrow."
I sighed
"Ugh, ok. But won't you be lonely in the house?" I asked worried
"Nope. When I get home, I'm hittin' the hay." He said
I laughed
"No one says that anymore dad." I said
"Im old. what can I say." He said
I love him.
"So, since I have no idea where anything is, why don't you type a restaurant into the GPS."
"Ok. Let's eat at Pasquale." I said as I typed the address into my phone.

Grayson's pov
"She just lied to me again" I said
"I know. Something must be really bothering her." Eth said
"Maybe you should talk to her. You're her best friend." I said
"Oh no, you're her boyfriend, I think you should do it."
I sighed
She was so distant earlier.

Jazmine's pov

When we got home, I gave my dad a big hug.
"I love you, I'll see you in the morning." I said
"I love you too sweetie. I'll see you tomorrow." He said with a smile.
I turned around and started walking back to my moms house.
"Jazmine!" I heard someone call
I looked  up and Gray was running towards me.
"What's wrong?" He asked
"We already talked about this. I'm fine." I lied. Again.
"Please stop lying to me." He said. He was on the verge of tears. I couldn't take it.
"Fine. Can we go into room? I don't want to do this out here." I said with a sigh.
"Yeah." I said
We walked inside and up to my room. We both say on the bed, as he looked at me expectantly.
"Today at the store when you guys went to fix your hair, this girl named Ashley came up to me." I started. I heard Gray's breathing stop. I continued
"She said that you guys were together and that you were just taking a break, and she said that it would be best if I stayed away." I said
"Shit. ." He sighed.
"Ashley is my ex girlfriend, and she won't except that were over. But it is very much over, it has been for a year." he said with a sigh.
"What happened between you two?" I asked out of curiosity.
After a long pause, he finally spoke.
"She got mad because I was partners in school with her ex best friend. So,She had sex with a close friend of mine and posted on social media. When I broke up with her, she was beyond pissed." He said.
"Oh.." What the hell was I supposed to say to that?!
"But hey, please don't let what she said come between us. I love you, and only you." He said holding my face.
Woah. But I'm glad she was lying because staying away from Grayson was killing me.
     He leaned in and kissed me. It was so gentle and perfect. We kept kissing, and slowly, we lay down on the bed with him on top of me. He moved his hand to my waist and my hands drifted up to his hair.
"He should get some sleep, it's been a long day." He said.
"Yeah. I'm pretty tired" I said with a smile as we caught our breathe.
We lay on the bed with my back to him and he put his arm around my waist. And soon, I could hear his soft snore. It felt so good to lay with him again.

I'll try to post a least a chapter a day. Please fave and comment to let me know if you guys like it, what you think of my story really matters to me. Love you!