Chapter 1

CLAIRE'S POINT OF VIEW

Hi, my name is Claire Randy and this is my story.

I have long blonde hair, tanned skin, blue eyes, curves, a tattoo and I'm pretty skinny.

I like cooking, reading, running, bush walks, singing and photography.

I live with my aunty Kate and uncle Carl in L.A, America.

I have a back story but I'll tell you that later.

*************************************************************************************

I'm in a meadow, in front of a lake. I look down at the water and see the faces of my family. They looked pained.

I try to reach down and try to grab them but I can't. I see my families arms come up and start scratching at the surface of the lake but they can't get through.

"Mum! Dad! Joey!" I yell as I look around trying to find anything that could help them.

"Claire!"

"Claire!"

****

I jolt awake and see my uncle standing beside my bed with a worried look on his face.

I start crying like I usually do after those dreams and my uncle sits on my bed before bringing his arms around me to hug me tightly.

After about half an hour I stop crying and my uncle slowly unwraps his arms from around me.

"I'm sorry C." I apologise in a small voice.

"You don't have to apologise Claire, it's not your fault."

"What's the time?"

"5am."

"Ok you go back to bed and I'll just get up. I have the first day of this new school right?"

"Yes, you do but you don't have to go if you don't want to."

"No, I need to go. I can't miss any more school, I'm already going to need a tutor to get me caught up."

"If your sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Now go back to bed."

"All right dear." Carl replies before getting up and walking out of the room.

I throw the blankets off of me and slip out of bed. I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. Once the water is hot I strip out of pj's and chuck them in the washing basket before getting into the shower and letting the hot water soothe my tense muscles.

I wash my hair with my fruity scented shampoo and conditioner before washing my body with my fruity scented body wash. After I'm washed, I shave before turning off the water and getting out.

I wrap my towel around my body before walking out of my bathroom and into my walk in wardrobe. I slip on my black lace underwear and bra before choosing a pair of light blue skinny jeans, floral top, white cardigan and nude ballet flats. I put on my mum's Pandora bracelet and my brother's wolf necklace before walking out of the wardrobe.

I take my iPad off charge and put it into my bag before grabbing my phone and putting it in my pocket. I grab my bag and my dad's camera before heading out of my room.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen where I put my bag and camera on a stool at the breakfast bar. I grab bread, eggs and mixed herbs before putting them on the bench and getting out a pan. I flick the stove top on before putting the pan on it and waiting for it to heat up.