Chapter 6

DOM'S POV

She said yes, my little mate is mine and always will be.

Claire walks around giving everyone their dinner, topless. I was angry with myself that she had got hurt while I was around but I knew I couldn't have done anything. I was very tempted to kiss her stomach all better but I had a feeling she would freak out when it healed faster than normal. Plus seeing her topless is quite the sight.

'Dom, you ok?' Jade asks through mindlink.

'Yea just thinking about Claire's burn.'

'Well don't cause it's not your fault.'

'I know but it's different with her being my mate.'

Jade nods and continues eating her meal.

****

After Jane and Lucy had finished their dinner, Claire rounded them up and got them ready for bed.

While Claire was out of the room Jade turns to me and looks at me seriously, "You will need to tell her sooner rather than later, it's a big secret to keep."

"I know, I just want her to be comfortable around me first."

"She is, I can tell."

"Still, like you said it's a big secret and I need to be sure she won't run off."

"I doubt it."

"What do you mean?"

"She is absolutely in love with werewolves. The majority of the books she reads on her phone are about werewolves. She told me how she would love if they were real and she could be apart of their world, she said she wishes she had a mate that would love her forever. I had to try so hard not to laugh my ass off."

"So you think I should tell her?"

"Yea but maybe in like two weeks when she has really gotten to know you."

"I have the rest of my life to get to know her."

"She's human, she needs time."

"True, ok I'll wait a couple weeks then tell her. Gives me time to tell mum and dad too."

"Have fun with that. Mum's in a mood so dad's in a mood."

"Maybe this will make them happy."

"Good luck."

Before I could answer Claire walked back into the room.

I look at her and she smiles tiredly, "I'm going to do the dishes then go to bed." She says.

"No, Jade and I will do the dishes. You made dinner."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go."

She sighs and reluctantly says goodnight to Jade before leaving the room again.

"You just don't want her near hot water." Jade comments and she stands up.

I stand up and follow her to the kitchen, "Your right on that one."

"You can't restrict her, she's got bite."

"I know."

*************************************************************************************

CLAIRE'S POV

I walk up the stairs to my room and get changed into a tank top and pj shorts before going into the bathroom to do my teeth.

I knew why Dom didn't want me doing the dishes but I didn't argue, it was nice not having to do them.