Chapter 8

CLAIRE'S POV

I have been running for a little while but I'm not tired. I am running through the forest before I'm tackled to the ground.

I wince but look up to see someone standing over top of me. He smiles evilly before injecting me with something and everything goes black.

****

I wake up feeling groggy and with a major headache. I open my eyes and try to rub them but my hands are restrained. I look down and see that I'm tied to a bed.

I look around the room but don't see anyone.

How did I get here? Where's that guy?

The door creaks open and the guy from before walks into the room.

"Hello Claire, my name is Mike and I will be looking after you while you're here." He says.

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"Because I brought you here. You are going to be transformed into something great when I'm finished with you."

"What?"

"I'm going to transform you into something better."

I don't know what to think or say so I just stare at him.

He walks over to a table and picks up a syringe filled with purple liquid before walking over to me.

"Now this might hurt a little but if you relax it won't be as bad." He says before injecting the liquid into my arm.

I flinch slightly but don't react otherwise.

He takes the syringe out and walks back over to the table before putting the syringe down. He then walks back over to the door.

"Just wait for it kick in. I'll be back soon with some food."

"Don't bother." I say.

"Why not?"

"I can't eat without my pills."

"Well in that case I will bring you something to drink."

I nod and he smiles before leaving.

I have no idea how to feel about this guy but I have a feeling he's not a good guy.

I lay my head back on the pillow before screaming out in pain as the liquid kicks in.

****

I'm in the meadow again but everything is different. The meadow is on fire and my family is standing on top of the lake.

"Mum? Dad? Joey?"

"You didn't do enough." My mum says.

"You should have died not us." Joey says.

"Why didn't you save us?" My dad asks.

"I tried to help you but I couldn't. I wish I had died instead of you but I have people who love me now, they're going to look after me."

"Where are they then?" My mum asks.

"I don't know but they'll come."

"Ha you think they care about you." Joey laughs.

"Of course they do!" I yell getting angry.

"Then why are you here?" My mum asks.

"Because I went for a run by myself."

"You'll end up alone." Joey says.

"May I remind you that you were the one's to leave me! Dad is the only exception because I told him he could leave if it was easier for him!"