Chapter 8

"I think I got everything." Stiles says to Derek but he's not paying attention so Stiles just rolls his eyes and lays down under the blankets on his bed. "Baaabe come lay with me!" Stiles whines and makes grabby hands at Derek.

Derek keeps looking at his phone and Stiles turns over and gets under the blankets even further, ignoring his asshole boyfriend.

A few minutes later he feels the bed dip and Derek getting under the comforter.

"Hey you. What are you doing under here?" Derek says playfully but Stiles just stays whee he is. "Sti. Babe." Derek tries again and this time Stiles makes an affirmative grunt.

"What's going on?" He asks again voice worried now.

"Nothing. Maybe your phone can figure it out for you. Since it seems to have all your attention." Stiles snaps and Derek sighs.

He turns Stiles over and pulls him as close as possible but far enough away that he can still look at him.

"Don't do this before our trip. You know you constantly have all my attention baby. In fact what I was looking at was old videos of us.

So yes, it is completely true that you always have my full unfiltered attention. Now let's get some sleep because we have a five hour drive early tomorrow. I love you." Stiles smiles at him sweetly before kissing him in answer and curling into his hot skin.

-

"Boys!" They hear the sheriff shout and the distant sound of one of their phone alarms.

Stiles is the first to pop his head from under the pile of blankets they stacked on in the middle of the chill night.

He shuts the alarm off before settling back under Derek's arm and the warmth.

"One more hour then." John munbles before leaving the love birds to their sleeping.

"Sti, we should get up." Derek says a few moments later. As he listens for Stiles' answer there was a faint snore and he just rolled his eyes fondly before settling.

They could use one more hour.

-

"Make sure you buy actual griceries when you get there. I don't want you guys living off pizza. No crazy parties either I don't want to hear about you getting arrested. No sex in the kitchen or in the living room." The sheriff says to them through the window of Derek's truck.

"Dad we got it after the third time. We're leaving, go in the house ang enjoy your peace. Maybe even invite Melissa over. Just go already god." Stiles said frustratedly and rolled up his window.

The sheriff glared at him before going to the drivers side where Derek had his window down.

"Don't make me hurt you Stiles. Love you kids, bye." Derek and Stiles said it back before John backed away and they pulled off with a wave.

-

"Dereeeek! At least stop at the gas station so I can get snacks!" Stiles whined for the 5th time since they've been on the road.

He finally relented and merged into the next exit.

"I'll get you some hot fries and a soda." Stiles said and started to walk away. "Get some coffee too!" Derek yelled after him and started to pump sone gas into the truck.

-

Stiles paid for their snacks and hid the dozens of candy bars he had in a bag behing his back.

He looked over and saw a girl talking to Derek happily. She laughed loudly at something he said and put her hand on his chest.

Stiles just scoffed and walked over pushing her out of the way and curling into Derek's side.

She stumbled and looked at him in shock.

"What is your problem?!" She shouted and Stiles could feel Derek holding in a laugh. "Do you know this freak?!" She yelled at Derek, and this time Stiles had to hold back his laugh.

"I prefer to call him my boyfriend but yea I know this freak." He answered kissing the side of Stiles' head.

The blonde turned apple red in embarrassment and turned away to walk to her car.

"You don't think I'm a freak do you?" Stiles asks once they're back on the road. "Only in bed honey." Derek grins and Stiles slaps his chest but he's smiling so it's cool.

-

Derek drove up the long drive way that lead to a huge white house hidden behind trees.

To the left of the house was the lake and Stiles could see little ducks relaxing in the water.

"How rich are you?" Stiles murmered to himself even though it sounded like it was intended for Derek.

He chuckled before hopping out the truck and getting their bags.

After getting all the bags in an getting unpacked they went grocery shopping and got a million one things that'll last them about the two months they're staying.

They should've have really told John they planned on staying a little longer than two weeks. Eventually though.

-

"What's for dinner chef?" Derek asked once he walked in to see Stiles taking out stuff for cooking.

"Ranch burgers my dear." Stiles answered and Derek hummed and turned on some music.

They liked to have Tony Bennet as background music when they're cooking and conversating.

Derek always says that Stiles makes them look painfully domestic, but he knows he loves it anyway.

Stiles was getting stuff for the burgers out of the fridge when he was pulled out and the fridge was closed.

When he finally caught up to what was happening, Derek was swaying them around the room.

"Der I have to cook." Stiles whines but he's smiling and laying his head on Derek's chest. "Take a break." "I just started!" "Oh whale." Derek laughs and dips Stiles and slings him back up so they're pushed together from head to toe.

He forgets sometimes that Derek took ballroom dancing with his mother for years.

"You're such a nerd." Stiles giggles and pecks his lips before going to finish dinner.

-

Once they finish eating they lay down in the master bedroom to watch tv. Stiles falls asleep first, so Derek turns the tv off and wraps around his boyfriend.

"Love you." Stiles slurs and rubs his face into Derek's chest. "Love you more."

-i know i've been neglecting you and i sowwwy