Have Some Faith : Introduction

{00}

Zac's POV.

Third period is finally over, now off to my favorite class, history. I hate history but I get to see Selena. She's so intriguing, I want to know what she thinks about as she draws in her notebook each and everyday.

Everything she does is so graceful and beautiful, whether it's twirling her hair or drawing or simply looking out the window as she does, it's fascinating. It's like there is a whole other world out there only she knows about. Not only that but she is incredibly smart, every question asked she's the first one with the answer.

Mrs. Haroldson asked the class to name the second largest city in Britain during the Black Death. I see Selena hurriedly sign and say Bristol.

"Correct, Selena." The teacher said as the bell rang.

"Before you guys leave make sure you take notes on chapter 20.3, due tomorrow when you walk in." She dismissed us.

Selena walks out as her wavy brunette hair sways from side to side. I watch as she fails at her combination many times, slowly getting frustrated. I smile as she finally opens it and head to my next class.

The dismissal bell rang, finally, school is over. I grab my backpack from my locker and turn around as I hear yelling across the hall. I see Ashley and Courtney knocking Selena's books on the ground and taunting her, they probably think she doesn't understand them and it gives them a sense of strength.

To the surprise of many I am not a very loud and outgoing guy. I keep more to myself, but I can't just stand here and watch this. She let out a scream when Ashley ripped her book in half and spat on her face, it was an indescribable sound.

I rush over to the girls screaming at them, they don't stop. I didn't want to do it but I threw Ashley on the ground, Courtney backed away as Ashley was on the ground screaming at me with violent tears. I look at Selena, the fright in her eyes was heart wrenching. You could tell she was on the verge of tears, but was holding it in to the best of her ability. She mouths 'thank you' as she signs putting her palm to her chin and down. I have been learning some words in her language every time I get a chance. I smile and help her pick up her stuff.

Once she gathers her things, she gets on the bus. I stay behind so I can leave a note in her locker saying, "If I had a dollar for every time I smiled at your beauty I would be a billionaire. Sincerely, someone much to shy to talk to you.", I slip the note in her locker and begin to walk home.

As I am walking down the street, Ashley comes up to me. "What the hell was that!" She asks angrily, tears still streaming from her melodramatic self.

"You were picking on Selena, when you know she's helpless. That's not okay." I say.

She laughs, "That deaf girl? She's worthless to this community. Come on, man. We just wanted to mess with her a bit."

"She's actually very intelligent.  And she's not just a 'deaf girl' don't classify her or judge her until you know her." I state clearly.

"Damn, why are you getting all soft on me. Hit me up when the old Zac is back." She walks in the opposite direction.

Ashley is an old best friend of mine, but we had a falling out once her friend and I broke up.

I shrug it off and continue the walk home.

As I get back to my house, I notice an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I walk in and hear nothing but silence. My parents are out tonight on a date and there shouldn't be anyone here. I go upstairs and see my sisters boyfriend, in my bed!

"Taylor!" I yell.

"Calm down baby brother, Kyle's roommate was throwing a party so I told him he could come over and rest if he needed to, but Mom said he isn't allowed in my room so I told him he could take a nap in yours before he goes to work a little later." She sassed as she woke him up and dragged him out into the living room.

Normally I would've put more thought into that situation but I was too exhausted to care. All I can think about is Selena. I am dying to know what goes on in that mind of hers. What she wants in life. I want to know everything. Mostly I just hope she's okay.

I try to get it off my mind by doing the one thing that lets me escape from the world. Listening to music. At that moment I realize my escape from reality and my passion isn't something she can experience. At that moment my heart sank to my chest.

She's a strong human being. She deserves the world. She deserves everything she has ever wanted but she can't have everything and that kills me.

One day I will work up the courage to make her mine. Make her my princess and give her the world.

_____________
A/N : This is a book I 100% plan on completing. I have so many ideas for this book. Please help me out and vote, comment (give me ideas, constructive criticism), and follow. Have a wonderful day/night.