Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Seeing Him Again

There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind. ~C.S. Lewis

"Can we talk?"

I turned around to see none other than Bryan Riley standing behind me. I put my hand on my hip, jutting it out, achieving the stance of ultimate sass.

"Yeah, we can talk...we're doing that right now. The real question is if we may talk, dumb ass."

His eyes lit up with amusement as he smirked at me, trying not to laugh, because I could tell that he knew I was being serious.

He also knew that I was so serious that if he were to laugh at me right now I'd make him eat his own hand, which would be quite an unpleasant experience.

"Yes ma'am, may we talk?" he asked, putting extra emphasis on the word may. I rolled my eyes, which he must have taken as a yes, and he led mt to the front porch thing with tables that had umbrellas and fans on them. I sat in one of the hot metal chairs, trying not to make a face as the wire seat scalded my bare thighs, and crossed my arms. He sits at the only other chair at the small table and just looked at me. Not. Saying. A. Word. 

So, I said something first.

"What the hell is your problem, Bryan Neil Riley?"

He raised his eyebrows at my use of his full name before clearing his throat and saying "I'm sorry, Carls."

"For what?"

He rolled his eyes and picked a piece of lint off of his shirt "You know why."

"Don't be a prick and just tell me what you're sorry for."

He chuckled and looked me in the eye. His eyes are so pretty, ugh. 

"I'm sorry for ignoring and avoiding you...I don't know, I was just being selfish. It seemed like I'd finally gotten the girl of my dreams and we're kissing and flirting and it's amazingly perfect, and then you tell me it'll never work out? Looking back, I totally understand why you rejected me afterwards and I appreciate the fact that you were trying to protect both of us."

I blush and duck my  head so that he won't see, damn hormones. 

"Am I forgiven?" he asks tentatively in the cutest voice I think I've ever heard, and I can't help but laugh.

So, that's what I do.

He pouts at me and crosses his arms as well. "Why are you laughing at me? That was a legit question." Tears start coming to my eyes and I somehow manage to wheeze out an "of course". 

He stood up, taking my hands, and helped me up. He pulled me into a big hug, and I felt like I was going to die because I was already so hot, but he felt so nice holding me, so I just hugged him back and buried my face in his chest.

A definite perk of being tiny; people love giving you hugs.

He kissed the top of my head and said "No matter what happens, I think I'll always love you."

Wait, what?

I looked up at him to see if he was being serious and he kissed the tip of my nose. This action made me smile and wrinkle my nose in delight. I didn't know how to respond to this, so I just got up on my very tallest tips of my toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. We pulled away, and walked back into the Subway, hand in hand.

My mom raised her eyebrows at us as I sat down and as he grabbed his food to join us. Michael was telling a story to the other guys and my dad, complete with hand gestures, when he saw Bryan sit down in the only empty chair left...next to me. 

"The whole gang's here!" Michael said beaming and welcoming Bryan.

We laughed and ate sandwiches, chips, and cookies for almost an hour. Then, everyone, this time including Bryan, headed back to my house to pack up the last things and for final goodbyes.

To say the least, I cried.

Like, a lot.

I was saying goodbye to each of the guys when a convertible pulled up. Five girls from the cheer team climbed out. They also told me goodbye, and my mom posed all of us for a big group picture. She took one on my phone, and I promised to send it to everyone. Then, with my small Polaroid camera, I took individual pictures with everyone so they could keep a picture of us together. 

We were standing in this big group lumpy circle kind of formation, delaying the drive that I did not want to do. Michael said "I'm visiting you every other weekend." I laughed and gave him a bewildered look.

"Uh, MikeMike, it's a two and a half hour drive."

"Yep, and I'm willing to drive it in rain, sleet, hail, anything."

I teared up and hugged everyone once again. The cheerleaders left, and it was just me and the guys. We all got in a big group hug and shared our best memories of all of the years we've spent together. Reminiscing was bittersweet, as you could probably imagine, and it unfortunately had to end. I told everyone goodbye and they promised to visit, then I climbed into the Wrangler. My family decided that my dad would drive the U-haul, I'd drive my car, and mom would drive the car that she and my dad share.

I know it's a bit odd that my parents share a car, but it would be totally unnecessary for both of them to have one. My mom is a stay at home mom who has some online stores that keep her busy, and they both used to have their own cars but she sold it because it was so impractical.

Here's the start to a long drive. Well, at least I have Two Door Cinema Club to help me get through it...They're such a great band.

Yay me.

********************************************

Sooo I updated! Thanks for reading and feedback would be awesome as to how you're feeling about the story so far...

The song is What You Know by TDCC (Two Door Cinema Club) and I think I'm in love with it.

Happy reading! Hope you enjoyed it!

Love,

heyitsmebz