Living By My Own Rules (Teen Fiction) Review

TITLE: Living By My Own Rules

AUTHOR: Blair_seen

STATUS: Ongoing

CHAPTERS READ: 1

BLURB: When her parents die in a motor accident, Rita and her brother have to live with their aunt who is now their guardian. Getting over their death was not as easy as she thought and she is gradually changing into someone no one can handle. But to her she is living by her own rules.

REVIEW: Going into this book, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But let me tell you, it was difficult to find flaws in the story. With only one chapter being posted it's a little early to say much but just from the first chapter, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the story has potential.

It would be really interesting to see how the plot unfolds and how our female protagonist grows as a character. The summary of the book hints at the main character being a bit rebellious while trying to live her life her own way, which can be really interesting. I enjoyed reading about Rita's relationship with her two friends.

Their friendship is quite intriguing and I would love to learn more about them.

Besides minor grammatical errors that can easily be ignored, the first chapter is well written. One thing that can be polished on is the flow of Rita's thought. Her character seems quite irrational which is portrayed well but it can be taken up a notch. Readers might not know what to think of her but then it is only the first chapter.

Another thing that would make this story even better would be the flow of some sentences. Most of the sentences flow really well but there are just some sentences that don't flow well.Otherwise, it's a great start to the story and there's a lot of potential. I really do hope that people give your story a chance.

Reviewed by --eunoia--