The Invisible Side of Alyson Dean (Romance) Review

Title: The Invisible Side Of Alyson Dean

Author: @retaliates

Ongoing/Completed: Ongoing

Chapters read: 2

Blurb:

Alyson Dean expects that when she goes back to public school for the first time in three years, everyone will be fawning over her. She expects that she will end up falling for her brother's best friend because that's how the story is supposed to go. And most of all, she expects to breeze through everything because she's famous, and that should make it all easier.

What she doesn't expect is that many people don't like her at all, her brother's best friend is an absolute jerk, and she actually has to follow the rules. And if that wasn't enough, she's forced to do a Film class project with Sawyer Bock: an extremely sassy teenage boy who won't tolerate her attitude.

But among sappy movies, sad attempts at documenting the life of a celebrity, and late nights; it becomes apparent that even famous people can have secrets. Big ones.

Review:

To be honest, when I became a reviewer, I was like "Just watch; I'm going to come down like a ton of bricks on them! *Insert evil laughter here*". But then I picked "The Invisible Side Of Alyson Dean".

I have to say: It was really hard to find something bad about it.

I don't know if you've slaved over each chapter and then posted it or if you've just wrote it on the way to school and then posted it, but you have talent.

There are few books on Wattpad [that I've read] that have main characters that are...let's say... 'bad guys'.

"Not All Blondes Do Backflips" is one to name.

It's really hard to pull off a character that is a 'bad guy' but have the reader still enjoying the book.It shows that you understand character development and you have strayed [slightly] from cliché.

But one thing you can improve on is to show the other side to Alyson. You mention that Alyson and her mother used to fine until Alyson became famous. There must be some of that Old Alyson left. And doesn't this Famous Alyson have some regrets about her popularity?

Another thing I must gush about because it was absolutely random and so am I: You put a F.R.I.E.N.D.S thing in! Like, who doesn't love Joey, eh?

The story is beautifully written. I like the way that at the beginning of the chapters you write a bit about Alyson's life before then continuing the story. It definitely makes it your own.

If you will allow me, I would like to give you a tip: hopefully near the climax of the story and till the end, you'll stop doing this because all the relevant details about Alyson would already been said. Just putting new things about Alyson or any character near the end would be like cheating the readers; they would've wanted to know that near the beginning.

I loved the idea of the book, even if it's a bit cliché, but guess what? People love clichés! At least your book isn't dribbling from the edges with used ideas and passages.

All in all, I loved the chapters. You did the perfect thing by entering it into the Wattys. I hope people will vote for your book.

-Reviewed by AbbeyFiring