Barefoot and Backwards (Teen Fiction) Review

Title: Barefoot and Backwards

Author: SabrinaSky

Genre: Teen Fiction

Blurb:

"You let one strange girl take a picture of your feet in a funeral home and suddenly you're best friends" WARNING: Story deals with depression, death, and suicide.

~*~*~*~*

Okay, to start off, I do like this story so far, and think that other people who read teen-fic will too, as long as you're aware of the warnings provided in the summary.

Onto the review. I thought the first line was excellent. Grips the reader's attention and makes them want to go on. However, as story goes on, there's a lot of inner monologue in my opinion, which isn't bad, but can get boring if overdone.

I don't usually read a lot of stories with first person, but this one is pretty well done. I think that there could be more description of body language though, as it would help convey more about the mood of certain characters like Amelia.

A few of my pet peeves were in the first chapter though. The parantheses in the sixth paragraph weren't really needed, and I think that the main character's name could have been introduced sooner, or at least before Viviana's if possible.

There's a couple of grammar errors in the chapters, but they're minor and don't take too much away from the actual story.

There isn't much more to give a review on, as it's still only two chapters long, but so far it's a good read that I'd recommend.

Reviewed by