Chapter 2

I wake to the sound of small tides smacking against the rocks and the sweet smell of ocean.

Morning already. I feel like I've barely slept at all.

I move across the cave floor to the entrance and look out. The small patter of rain starts to come down on the roof of the cave and the rocks of the entrance.

Ah great rain its perfect to make a stealth get away; it covers your tracks for you. I stick my hand into it and let small drops hit my hand. Im like a child i know what it is but I'm still curious for more.

I whistle a soft note signaling Montooth to come to me. He crawls from the entrance and stands; his body towering over me standing 6'5", my head barely coming to his shoulder blade.

He bends his legs to lower himself enough for me to climb onto him. His body lifts from the ground with such grace the movement is barely noticeable.

I grab his thick mane on the base of his neck and lean forward pressing my knuckles into his neck. He starts off into a small gated walk across the wet slippery ocean rock path leading to the woods.

Once hitting the ground his small gate shifts to a fast sprint twisting and curving his body through trees and over obstacles. His jumps feel like a bird taking off: like theres no effort behind them at all.

His feet touch the ground once again and his sprint continues as if it wasn't interrupted.

A sharp pain hits my arm with such a great force behind it i fall off Montooth as i reach my hand to touch my arm. I scream in pain as i rip a throwing knife from it. The rippling pain causes my arm to throb and my heart beat pulse through it as i heal on my own.

The perpetrator of the throwing knife makes a soft thud into the grass from a few trees away and comes into the path.

A light brown fair skinned African male  stares down at me. His dark almond shaped eyes and clear skin signals he's fairly young; and his body is strong made for hunting or tracking.

I look up at him and stare into his dark eyes. The one thing i cant stop looking at; but yet there the only things speaking to me.

Malcolm's P.O.V
I was told to go and hunt the illegal rogue from Hellsfire by the king Harij. Never did I know she was a balance born.

The message sent from hellsfire was a lie message just to bring back a balance to be "gotten rid of," as my father says. I stare down at her and look at her long black hair with red tints through it that brings out her ice grey-blue eyes.

Her skin is almost white; the sun reflecting off making her seem like shes glowing. Ive never seen someone so pale, even iclicglacians have a tan to there bodies. Her shes like a ghost.

A small grunt of pain from her binding skin kills the silence and i kneel down closely examining her.

"Your not in flames angry," i say touching her ice cold skin then her soft as a feather hair.

She seems to snap out of a daze like shes lost at sea, "You fucking threw a knife at me! You tried to kill me!"

"I did not i was stopping you your father sent a message to the kingdoms announcing that a hellsfire rogue got free," i say smirking "but seems like all you are is a balance born running from deaths door."

"Im no such thing. Get away from me," she says slamming her foot into my chest.

The impact of her foot sends me into the dirt a few feet away. I shake it off and smile.

"Your a balance born and you cant keep rejecting that. Its literally tattooed all over your body," i say standing up dusting off my legs.

She grabs at her shirt pulling at it covering a tattoo on each arm. I suspect theres more where that came from.