Chapter 3- Why Can't I Be Normal?

"Babe!" Quickly I looked around only to find my boyfriend Daniel calling out for me whilst he looped around the people who were blocking the corridor. I felt myself go bright red with embarrassment. I hated him calling me that. I watched him as he came running towards me. 'What an idiot', I thought to myself. I felt his strong muscled arm wrap tightly round my waist as he gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek. He held his arm around me the whole walk to the canteen. A small part of me just wanted to push him away, but if I did then he would know something was up.

"Over here," Daniel's friend Martin shouted over to us. He was sitting at a round table which was covered in crisp wrappers and left over bits of food, with two of our other friends, Jade and Lauren. We were greeted like they hadn't seen us in ages, when really it had only been an hour or two. Jade yanked me away from Daniel and pulled me onto a chair next to her whilst pointing at some 'cute' guy in a teen magazine.

"Isn't he just...." Jade said holding the magazine out in front of me. I didn't get it, why didn't I feel the slightest bit attracted to him? Why couldn't I just be like Jade and Lauren? Normal. Luckily, the bell for the end of lunch rang so that got me out of that one.

In English, I couldn't stop thinking about the girl by the lockers. This was insane. Did I have feelings for her? Why can't I stop thinking about her? So many questions were running through my head. What did this mean?