Chapter 2

"(N/N)?"

You stare into his deep red eyes in disbelief. You hadn't seen him for a very long time, but his eyes were so familiar. You try to answer him, but your voice had stopped working again, completely lost for words. Beyond rose the knife once more, sending you into panic; you held your breath, knowing there was nothing you could do to stop him. You felt tears start to sting your eyes. You squeeze your eyes shut. Then you feel the ropes around your wrists loosen. Cracking open one of your eyes, then opening the other to see the rope on your wrists had been cut and Beyond just about to cut the ones around your ankles.
Beyond stood back up, looking down at you. You stared back at him, your (E/C) eyes meeting his deep red ones. There was a very long moment of silence. You stay sitting, afraid your legs would give out on you and still very wary of his intentions.

"(F/N)?"

Beyond questioned, bringing his face closer to yours, making you feel uncomfortable.

"Is that actually you?"

"Yes, it's me,"

You say quietly. Beyond took a step back, but still kept his eyes on you. Staring into his eyes was bringing back all the memories you had with Beyond as children...

***

"B.B!" You shouted as Beyond took off across the playground. You chased after him.
"B! Give it back!" You shouted at him. He ran and hid behind a tree. You ran up to the tree and turned right into Beyond, causing him to fall over. You completely disregarded why you where chasing him and knelt down beside him,
"I'm so sorry B!" You said, helping him up, "are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine," he said, standing up again, "here's your teddy..."
You took the small bear out of his hands.
"Are you sure your okay?" You asked, worried.
"I'm fine,"
"Okay then..." you said, still not convinced, "come on! Let's go and play with the others!" You said happily, grabbing B's hand and leading him back to where Near, Mello, Matt and L were playing. You sat down on the ground next to Near and started playing with him. Beyond sat away from your small group,
"B?" You asked. Beyond looked up at you,
"yeah (N/N), what is it?"
"Aren't you going to play with us?" You asked,
"I'm fine over here,"
You saw his eyes drift to just above your head; he seemed to do that a lot, but you never bothered to ask why.
"Oh. Okay then..." you started playing with Near again. Beyond watched you play as he sat on his own.

***

You snapped back to reality, realising Beyond had moved across the room and turned some lights on, lighting up the huge... warehouse?

"B? Where are we?"