Something special

Laughter & giggling. Long talks, short interruptions. Meaningful conversations & meaningless side comments. Thoughtful phrases, careless thinking.

This is what we get when we take walks together, just you & I.

Not like when with others.

Yeah some laughing & snorting, but full of embarrassment & short bursts. Then there's the conversations, somewhat meaningful yet, when other topics would better suit. Messed up comments, meaningless thought.

That's what I get when taking walks with you & then some people.

But when it's just you & I walking down a sidewalk, hand-in-hand, not caring if others see us laughing loudly or walking like dopes. Those are the moments I cherish.

But not only is it the walks I fancy, but the hand holding.

When our hands come together, finger wrapped around finger, fitting together like 2 missing puzzle pieces.

It shows me that it's not all in my head.

That when I tell myself to never let go, that you'll be right there with me.

I've learned as I've grown up, that people don't always stick with you, but when you find someone willing to promise to never leave you, then you've found something special.

That whenever you get the chance, make them laugh, tell them your secrets, hold their hand, kiss their cheek & give them hugs, let them know you care.

Let them know that when all the odds are stacked against you, you plan on grabbing their hand & never letting go.

Hold hands, hug, kiss, live together, in the moment, talk about anything & everything, laugh & cry together, show you care, but always remember, love isn't easy to find, so when you find it know you've got something special to hold on to.