Narnian Lullaby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two figures stood in front of a crowd, in the setting sun, after a day of celebration over a victorious battle.

"I'm glad i came back"

"I wish we had more time together"

The girl looks at the man in front of her, "it would never have worked anyway."

Hurt flashes across the man's face, "why not?"

"'I am thirteen hundred years older than you" the girl jokes.

The man laughs mirthlessly, the pain clear in his eyes.

She can't take seeing him like this so she starts to turn and walk away, but at the last minute turns and kisses him. She couldn't believe how nice his lips felt against hers but she knew she had to leave, so too soon they broke apart but she couldn't bear to leave him yet so she hugged him close to her, tears threatening to spill over.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Capian!" Susan bolted upright in her bed. It was the same dream she had been having all week, and with each time, the longing to see Caspian grew stronger. Susan couldn't bear it anymore, she curled into a ball and broke into tears.

"Susan are you all right?" Lucy asks as she bursts through the door and makes her way over to her sisters trembling form.

"Oh Lu! I keep seeing him in my head, everywhere I go I see his face smiling at me, and I can't help it! I miss him so much!" Susan exclaims as she breaks into a fresh round of tears.

Lucy grabs her sister into her arms and strokes her back comfortingly,"I know you miss Caspian, and i'm so sorry that I can't do anything to help. You miss him so much because you love him."

Susan thought about Lucy's words and realised that she did in fact love Caspian. "You're right Lucy, I do love him, but i'll never get to see him again! Aslan said me and Peter wouldn't be returning to Narnia."

"You never know, maybe Aslan was wrong, maybe we will go back someday, all of us." Lucy says in an attempt to make her sister feel better.

"I sure hope your right Lu." Susan whispers as both she and Lucy fall asleep in each other's arms.