chapter 12 - Gifts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas!! :D

***

It was Christmas Eve and the Pevensie children were gathered in the library. In one corner of the room was a great roaring fire and in the other was a tall tree decorated with shining lights and beautiful ornaments. On the very top was a figure of a lion, watching over them all protectively.

Sebastian and Lucy were seated on one of the couches, his arm tightly around him as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"I had wanted to give this to you tomorrow, on Christmas Day, but I can't wait" Sebastian said, letting go of Lucy and pulling out a small white box with a bright red ribbon.

Lucy took the box out of his hand and looked at it cuiously. Slowly she untied the ribbon and lifted the lid, her breath caught in her throat at what she saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was walking the corridors of the castle alone, he didn't want to be in the library anymore. Hearing a strange sound coming from down the hall, Peter turned to investigate. What he saw made his heart ache in his chest.

There was Kate, tears streaming down her face as she sobbed.

Peter couldn't help himself as he rushed over and gathered her in his arms. He reached up and gently wiped away her tears and stroked her hair. She slowly started to calm down as he held her. Her breathing returned to normal and her tears slowed.

"Shh it's alright Kate, shh, what's the matter?"

"Oh I'm so sorry Peter, I'm making such a fool of myself" she hiccupped.

"No never, you could never look like a fool" he said pushing back a strand of hair from her face.

She smiled warmly at him, grateful for his kindness.

"I'm sorry, I was just feeling so terribly alone. Even among such wonderful friends, I just can't help but feel this way."

"Well...did you want to go back, to England, I mean?" Peter asked his voice laced with sadness.

"No! I mean, I do miss England, but I couldn't bear to leave Narnia" she assured him.

"I'm glad. I-I mean, i'd miss you if you left" Peter admitted sheepishly.

Kate giggled and placed a swift kiss on Peter's cheek, before lacing her hand in his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edmund was sitting in the corner of the library, wrapping the gifts he had gotten for everyone. He knew, or rather hoped, that they would all like them. For Peter he had gotten him a new sheath for his sword, this one had beautifully intricate designs carved into the side. The designs were of pure gold and silver and depicted great battles and a powerful lion.

For Kate, he had gotten her a book all about Narnian History, about the Kings and Queens of Old. It was very old, and had taken him a long time to find.

For Lucy, he got her a new dress. It was a deep red, with green embroidery on the bodice. Perfect for the Christmas feast they were having tomorrow.

He was going to give Sebastian a new sword, one of great craftsmanship. He had commissioned one of the best weaponsmith's to make it for him.

And for Susan and Caspian, as a joke, Edmund was giving them a crib. He had seen the little wooden crib and had thought it the perfect joke. He knew that once they saw it, Susan at least, would be very embarrassed, allowing him a good laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's eyes shone as she took the beautiful necklace out of the little box. It was perfect. It was pure silver with two flowers, one small one inside a larger one. She was so happy. It was the best gift he could have given her.

"So, do you lke it?" Sebastian asked, looking a little nervous.

Lucy smiled widely, and kissed him, showing how much she loved it...and him.

"I think I can take that as a yes?" he laughed.

Lucy nodded and giggled as she leaned in to kiss him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Author's note   Soooo what'd ya think?? I know its a little short but hey, they can't all be long can they :P and yes I know its technically not Christmas anymore but why not make it so it is??

PS the trailer on the side was done by AliceWolfe  thats why this chapter is dedicated to her. check it out its AWESOME!! and so is she so check out her Narnia fanfics and other stories!! :D

Soooo yup COMMENT, VOTE, FAN?? :D

<3 Hayley