CHARLOTTE:

                     "WHERE were you last night?"

"Nowhere."

"Seriously? Nowhere? Is that the best you've got?"

"Um."

"We were worried sick."

"We?"

"Yes, we. Me. Trevor. His sister—"

"His sister?"

A broad grin materializing on her face, Amberlyn opened our front door, revealing a barely five-foot-figured brown-headed girl with her head glued onto a cellphone. "Yup," she smiled through her words. "Trev's baby sister came by."

"Oh my God, Jas!" I squealed, swiftly brushing past Amber and into the living room where she stood. "Shit, what are you doing in Berlin?" I pulled her into a quick embrace, and when we pulled apart, she said:

"Trevor told me about the footballers—"

"—game that you're going to in Halloween," Trevor chimed in, appearing from the doorframe. He nipped over to his twin sister, subtly—but failingly—glaring at her. "Amber disclosed your plans and we want to come with!"

"I didn't tell him shit," Amber said. "He was browsing through your internet history because he's a fucking creep."

He grabbed Amber's face with the palm of his hand. "Shut up, monkey."

"Monkey?" I asked, suspiciously eyeing the two of them. "What in the world?"

"They're fucking," Jas explained nonchalantly. "I walked in on them."

"Shut up, you bitch," Amber muttered.

"Are they really though?"

Jas sighed, rolling her eyes. "Yeah, and on your bed, Charlie. Two rounds already today."

I cringed, pointedly deflecting my gaze between Trevor and Amberlyn. "You two know that I only have one pair of bedsheets, right? And Amber," I grabbed a throw pillow and launched it at her, "You have your own fucking bed. What are you doing on mine?"

"They fetisize over the smell of your softener."

"Ugh," Amber groaned. "Trevor. Control your little sister."

I scratched my head. "Control yourself, Amber."

She widely opened mouth, poking her fingers inside in pretense of a gag. "I'll vomit if this conversation continues." And then she leaned over, inching closer toward me, pulling out a leaf from my hair. "Did mother nature fuck you or something? You smell like you've been shitted on too."

Trevor moved beside her, raising his eyebrows inquisitively. "She's right, though. Where've you been all night?"

I rolled my eyes. "Jas, tell Mama and Papa to take it down a notch."

"Trevor. Amber. Lotte wants you both to shut the fuck up. What's new?"

"Love you, babe," I said, giggling.

"Another twig," Amber exclaimed, reaching for my hair once more. She pulled out a heavier, starker branch. "Who's the lucky guy that you fucked behind the bushes, huh, Charlotte?"

I bit my lip in an attempt to suppress my smile.

No lucky guys, I thought. Just me—a lucky girl.

"God, she's practically beaming!"

"Beaming doesn't quite cover it."

"I know right."