ERIK:

                      EVERYTHING that happened next was unforeseen, a myriad of dexterous and perplexing feats due to over intoxication of the once-sober mind. Marco sorted out everything with Dortmund—he must have—because the intimidating cross glares and averted gazes diminished, transforming into warm smiles.

For the first time in months, Robert and Ciro happily patted my back after a game, inviting me to a post-game party which failed to make sense, because we'd lost, but the Bavarians promised to pay and we were all scavenging for reasons to get hammered like we always were.

We were a circle of seven around the bartender: Mario, Marco, Ciro, Lars, Sven, Matthias and I.

"Never have I ever been so thirsty for a drink," Lars commented after we hollered our orders.

Mario sighed. "Never have I ever been so thirsty for Ann-Kathrin after a sweaty game with you folk."

Ciro tsked, rising from his seat and beginning to excuse himself. "Never have I ever enjoyed the presence of you children, so I'm off with Shinji."

"The presence of children says the child," Marco said, chuckling silently. "Easy there, Italiano. And Shinji's occupied. What else is new?"

The bartenders slid our beers across the counter, and Matthias, catching his first, rose from his seat. "I see a girl," he declared, chugging it all down as we watched carelessly. He slammed his glass on the table. "Wish me luck, mates."

That's how he left.

Ciro left as well, nodding and taking his drink along with him.

"Whoever's planning to leave better leave now," Marco said jokingly, and when everybody stayed, unbudging, he cleared his throat. "Good."

I took a lingering sip of my drink.

"Never have I ever seen so many boys at a unisex bar," Sven muttered, heaving out a sigh.

"Let's do that—let's play a drinking game," Mario mocked, "because that's how depressing our lives have actually gotten."

"Drink up every time somebody with a penis gives you the stare," Lars said.

Sven snorted.

"I've reached the sensible conclusion that the Bavarians have dragged us to a gay bar—again," Lars continued, receiving a punch from Mario, who reprimanded him immediately.

"Shut up, Lars."

He chuckled, saying, "Chill out, Mauri," and then, reaching an abruptly stark impediment, Lars' allowed his eyes to bore into my own. "Turn around, Erik," he demanded, "The only attractive lady in the bar can't seem to take her eyes off of you."

I turned around, following Lars' eyes, and when my vision recognized a figure with brunette hair, I brought my gaze back to where it was, uninterested. She's not Charlotte, I thought, but Marco nudged my shoulder, smirking, and I realized everything that he had said—everything between Emilia and him—and knowing that the last thing I wanted was to stand as an obstacle between my best friend's desires again, I let the thought of Lotte go.

If anyone deserved her, it was him.

It wasn't me.

So picking up my beer and uttering a monotonous "Cheers," I walked toward the stranger, trying to detail her the way I tended to do with Charlotte, but came at a striking loss. Infinitely dark tresses and glistening eyes didn't suit just anybody anymore, it seemed; they included Lotte and only Lotte and Lotte was the one thing that I could never have despite wanting her more than anything I have ever had.

"Hi," I said coolly, sliding onto the barstool next to the honey-colored stranger.

She bit her lip, staring into me. "Hey."

"I'm—"

"Erik, I know," she said sheepishly. "Your friend over them mouthed it to me when he thought you weren't looking. I guess you weren't. Anyway, I'm Ciara."

I chuckled. "Pretty name."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

We chatted mindlessly for a significant amount of time and then there came a time when Ciara hesitated, her eyes dancing to every corner of the room, but eventually, they bored into mine and she, releasing a wistful sigh, asked, "You want to get out of here?"

"Thought you'd never ask."

you guys love me, don't you?

hahaha you'll love me soon

hope you enjyoed the chapter (you probably didn't because i wouldn't bc erIK U JERK) but still <3

bye guys

thanks for reading :)

also school starts wednesday ew :/