Chapter 10

Parker was tired and worried about his sister getting to his parents. Penny wasn't exactly what you would call a good daughter. Hell she wasn't even there to be a daughter at all. She moved away when she was 18 and she went away to California for college. I don't know where she goes because she transferred a lot. More than 3 times she transferred from school to school. Parker didn't bother trying to keep his family together. His father fell apart, his sister fell apart. The only strong people in the family were his mom, who fell apart days ago, and Parker. He held up the family by a thread. The Evans weren't a normal family. Neither were my family. Maybe that's why me and Parker worked so well. Because we both came from broken homes.
"Hey Parker?" I asked as we laid down on my bed, side by side, me pressed against him.
"Yea Layla?" He asked.
"What superhero would you be if you could be one?" I asked looking up at him.
"Superhero? Maybe like......YourMan." He said smirking.
"But you're already my man." I blushed.
"Oh and I promise it's gonna stay that way." He kissed my forehead.
"Good cause I wouldn't want it any other way." I drifted off into a deep beautiful sleep where dreams did come true.
----------------------------------------------
When I woke up, Parker was gone. There was a note on the dresser that was in Parker's handwriting.
"Had to leave because of your dad. Decided to go home and face my sister. Would have to do it eventually. Thanks for letting me stay over.
I love you so much.
You have my heart forever.
Love your man,
Curtis Taylor Jr."
I went down stairs and made my self breakfast. After I ate, I texted Parker to make sure he was okay.
Layla- Hey Park you okay babe? How's your devil of a sister?👿
Parker texted back a few minutes later.
Parker- She somehow got into the house and she slept on the couch. She woke up five minutes ago. Awkwardness is all I can say. She's a total bitch for leaving us. But what can I do? The family fell apart and it really wasn't her fault. My mom went to New York as soon as she called me last night about my sister.
(Parker's sister and mother were never on good terms with each other. His mother wouldn't even look at the sister without feeling pity and sorry for the girl. Mrs.Evans didn't socialize with her at all. Parker didn't like to but he felt sorry for her and was the only one who would talk to her now that her father was in shock and her mother didn't have anything to do with her anymore.)
And my dad is.....well still my dad. 😕

Layla- Awe. Let's go out to eat later. On me this time. You always get to pay. Not fair. 😕 Haha. Movie night too. 🎬 High School Musical 1,2&3 🎤🏀

Parker- Beauty no!!!! You aren't allowed to pay!! 💸 PLEASE NOT HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!!!😫

Layla- Too bad. You are either watching it and dancing and snuggling with me, or you are staying home and I'm going out to eat by myself. 👿

Parker- I'll definitely watch high school musical with you then. I didn't know we were dancing and snuggling. 😏

Layla- If you didn't snuggle and dance to High School Musical then it wouldn't be fun! 🙅

Parker- How are you? Did you eat breakfast? What time do you want me to pick you up for dinner? Dress fancy. 💃🏻💅🏼💋💯

Layla- Had breakfast and I'm okay. Missing u💋. Make it 6:00. We go out early and then we can either go back to ur place and watch the movies or come to mine. Ur sis is probably crashing at ur place so that's a no right?

Parker- I'm getting her out now. 6:00 it is👍🏿

Layla- I SWEAR PARKER YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU ANNOY ME?!? SO MUCH. YOUR NOT EVEN BLACK. SERIOUSLY.....LIKE STOP.

Parker- My spirit animal is black. My spirt animal is a bear. 😼

Layla- Fits ur personality perfectly! 👿💯