10. Movie night

Chapter 10 - Movie night

Joanne put a popcorn bowl on each side of the pastel green couch for everyone to share. Olivia followed with a pack of drinks and handed one to everyone. When everyone had settled down, Caleb pushed the play button. He was sitting in the armchair in the far right and Joanne was on the floor with Alexis. Olivia and Michael sat next to each other on the green couch above Joanne and Alexis.

Everyone had chosen to watch a horror movie, except for Alexis, she knew she would have nightmares for at least a month. Alexis sat with a her knees up and a pillow by her face just in case something happened and she needed cover.

"Come on Alexis," Joanne said, her fingers brushing Alexis' shoulder, "It's not as scary as you think it will be."

"That's what you said the last time. I had to sleep with the lights on for a month," Alexis glared at Joanne.

When she looked up, the horrifying image of a woman hung in mid air by the neck caused her to cower. The woman's eyes were black, and there was smoke around her and a horrible screeching noise blasting from the speakers.

Alexis winced and took her phone out of her pocket, she would find something to distract her. She opened her Instagram app and replied to Matthew's message.

matt_sands:
Well, shall we start then?

lexisxx:
Okay, what first?

matt_sands:
7 hours later..

lexisxx:
Someone missed me.. :p

matt_sands:
Maybe.. So what are you up to?

lexisxx:
Well I'm meant to be watching a horror movie with my friends but, I can't deal with scary stuff, it gives me nightmares.

matt_sands:
Aww how adorable (0.0)

lexisxx:
Night sweats and being afraid to go to your own bathroom at night is not adorable.

matt_sands:
Well, I'm sorry?

lexisxx:
Okay that was a bit dramatic..

matt_sands:
In any case, I'll save you!

lexisxx:
You're too kind.

matt_sands:
:) it's my pleasure princess
Want to start with 10 things you don't know about me?

lexisxx:
Well I know one already, you have 5 thumbs

Alexis chuckled, gaining a look from Joanne.

matt_sands:
x_x you're still on that?

lexisxx:
Sorry XD

matt_sands:
I'll just start '', the first thing you don't know about me is that I used to do ballet when I was five.

lexisxx:
Ah <3 that's adorable. Why did you stop?

matt_sands:
Another thing you don't know about me, I have weak joints and bones because I grow so fast