6. Mysterious Matt ii

Chapter six - Mysterious Matt part two

Nathan sat on his bed, head buried in his hands. He didn't want to send a message to Alexis too early. He didn't want his character to seem fake.
But he so desperately wanted to talk to her again, like old times. Sighing heavily, he took his phone off of the charger and started writing a message to her, as Matthew. There was no reason not to though, he had everything in order, pictures, information, and no one knew his cousin Matthew more than he did. They had grown up together as children, and had kept contact with each other through their teenage years. They didn't see each other much but the closeness was there. That and Alexis knew nothing about him. He didn't remember mentioning a cousin Matthew to her. Nathan looked up pick up lines, something he knew would make her laugh. She remembered how they had always gone through pick up lines together and laughed until Alexis snorted. It was so adorable when she did that, and for him, he loved that she could share her happiness just with her laugh. He scrolled through a few, and then found one. It was perfect.

Nathan opened his Instagram app and signed in as matt_sands. He started to type the pickup line he had just found and sent it with a blank picture.

matt_sands:
Do you have a pencil? Cause I want to erase your past and write our future ;)

lexisxx:
You and I both.

Nathan hadn't expected a reply so fast, he knew that Alexis had been away from her phone for a while. He had tried to communicate with her the whole week and she had not done so much as answer or reply to his messages. The reply made his heart drop. He knew exactly what Alexis meant by that. She wanted to erase the pain she was feeling, the pain that he had caused her. Nathan stopped himself from breaking character and telling her how sorry he was, that would be so much easier, but he had to follow through with his plan in order to work. He needed to get Alexis to trust this character and open up, then reason with her, and make her fall for him again. Once that was done, he would reveal to her who Matt really was.

matt_sands:
Woah.. Pick up line gone down.. Can I ask?

lexisxx:
Maybe later..

Nathan didn't have a problem with that. He knew Alexis like he knew himself, she would eventually open up.

matt_sands:
Alright I'll start again. I'm Matthew Sanderson, but you can call me Matt.
And can I just say how beautiful you are?

Nathan smiled, he had longed to say that to her all week. And now that she wasn't his, her beauty showed just that much, and it wasn't for him anymore but for a guy like his Matt character. Nathan wondered how many more guys could be texting her and doing the very same thing.

lexisxx:
You didn't have to :) :$
I'm Alexis, nice to meet you Matt.

"I did have to, for me babe" Nathan said to his cellphone.

matt_sands :
Believe me when I say it's a pleasure. I just thought I'd, you know, introduce myself. From your pictures and bio you seem like an interesting person. I couldn't help but be drawn to you :$

Even more so than ever Nathan felt himself want Alexis. Now that things were over between them, he was starting to realize what he could be missing. Kaylee was great,but she wasn't amazing like the girl who had given him her heart and taken care of his.