You're A Long Walk From My Street

*Jack POV*

We walked slowly down the road, the sun warming us in the chilly, fall air.

"So are new in town or what?" Alex asked after a long moment of silence.

"Oh, no. I've lived around here for like all my life. I actually live down that street there." I said as I pointed to a side street.

"You're kidding. I live down there too. How come I haven't seen you before?" he asked astonished.

"Uh. I don't really go out much. Like outside. And I used to go to a different school." I replied, embarrassed.

"Why did you change schools?" Alex asked curiously.

We turned down our street and I took a deep breath.

"I got bullied for being g... For being different." I said through gritted teeth.

"You got bullied?" Alex asked, his tone surprised.

I nodded in response, shoving my hands into my pocket. My keys jingled.

"Ah fuck." I hissed.

"What?" Alex said.

"My car. It's still at school. I'm such an idiot." I mentally face palmed at my stupidity.

"We can just go back to get it." Alex laughed.

"Right." I responded quietly.

Slowly we walked back to school, me not responding much. Alex got the hint and shut up after a while. We reached the school gates and I started panicking.

"Alex. What if they see us? Oh shit we re going to be in so much trouble. Oh fuck." I stammered.

"Hey man. Just chill. We'll be fine." He said casually as he strolled through the parking lot.

I ran my hand through my hair and followed Alex to my car. I slowly caught up to him as he leant on the passenger door. I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"How did you know what car was mine?" I asked curiously.

His cheeks reddened slightly.

"I saw you this morning." He replied quietly.

"Right. Well just dump your stuff in the back or whatever." I said gruffly as I unlocked the doors.

I opened the back door and threw in my bag and placed the guitar on top of it, Alex throwing his bag in as well. I shut the door and slid into the drivers seat, grabbing my glasses as I stuck the key in the ignition. Loud music filled the car and caused Alex to jump slightly. I leant over to turn it down.

"Sorry. I'm not used to other people being in my car. I forget that they might not like it." I said apologetically.

"No it's not that. I wasnt expecting it. Blink 182, right?" He asked quickly.

"Uh, yeah." I responded slowly.

I was surprised that he actually knew who Blink was. Slowly I pulled the car out of the lot and drove down the street. We sat in silence for a while. I stopped at a red light and turned my head to Alex.

"Hey man, is it okay if we drop my car off first?" I asked.

"Yeah sure! You can leave it at mine if you want. I'm not fussed either way." he replied cheerfully.

"Okay. So where do you live? Like what number?" I asked.

"Number 27, two story, red roof." he replied quickly.

I smiled in response and started driving again. He only lived at 27? I lived at 33. Shaking my head, I turned down our street, looking at the numbers on the mailboxes. Shortly I pulled up outside his house, I slid the sunglasses off of my face and threw them into the glove box, reaching over Alex's lap to do so.