I Guess I'll Go Home Now.

*Jack POV*

"Miss you're not serious. Jack here, is not like five. I'm sure he can take care of himself. Can't you." The brown haired boy, Alex, complained.

I winced internally, what he had said had struck a nerve. I had known him for under an hour and already I wasn't wanted. Tuning out what was being said, I tried not to let it show that what Alex said had hurt me and fiddled with the zips on my guitar case. I felt the eyes of Mrs Saunders and Alex on me. I looked up and Miss was holding out a note excusing me from being late to next class. I reached out and grabbed it, slowly sliding it into my pocket. She handed one to Alex too.

"Thanks. Right. Come on Jack. We'll be late." He said blankly before walking out of the room.

I shot a glance at the teacher and shuffled after him. I watched him as he walked down the middle of the hall as if he didn't have a care in the world. Like he had everything he could ever want. He probably did. I shied to the side and shuffled behind Alex, looking at down at my feet.

"So you play guitar?" Alex suddenly asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I murmured.

I looked up and Alex was walking beside me, staring into my eyes with his brown ones. I may have melted slightly. I looked down again and he grabbed my arm. My eyes automatically widened and my body tensed. He noticed and loosened his grip.

"Let's see it." He said, smiling at me.

"See what?" I asked, extremely confused.

"You're guitar, dick." He chuckled.

I smiled at the sound of his laugh and how it made me feel warm and happy.

"It's nothing too special, its just the real basic acoustic one that everybody has..." I said as I slowly unzipped my case.

I pulled it out and watched as Alex's eyes lit up. He reached out for my guitar so I passed it to him. He held it gingerly and twisted it around slightly, as if admiring it from every angle. He handed it back and grinned at me.

"That's a pretty sweet guitar, Jack. But we better get to history. Mr Chapman is a real ass. But I'm pretty sure we have double music last anyways." He chuckled.

I sighed under my breath an smiled briefly as we began walking to our next class.

Alex pushed open the door and threw his note onto the teachers desk before walking over to an empty seat. I stood awkwardly at the front of the room, biting my lip. The man who I assumed was Mr Chapman cleared his throat and glared at me.

"Can I help you?" He asked sarcastically.

"I'm new here. My name is Jack." I sighed.

"Well go take a seat then. Next to Alex." He replied gruffly.

I shuffled over to him and slumped into the seat. Alex leaned back, crossing his ankles and holding interlocking his fingers behind his head. He smirked at me.

"Welcome to hell. And it's only the second class." Alex joked.

"Oh great. So looking forward to it." I rolled my eyes while I pulled my notebook out of my bag.

I opened it up and and flicked to my pages for my song lyrics and started scribbling as the teacher droned on about some president. I felt Alex lean up against me and my skin burnt where he leant against me. I felt my cheeks flush.

"Can I help you?" I asked nervously.

"Your love is the barrel of a gun, so tell me, am I on the right end. I could be nothing but a memory to you, don't let this memory fade away. Damn, Jack. That's really good. Did you write this?" He asked me quietly.

"Yeah. This is just the chorus though. The first verse is like, uh. I said I'd never forget your face. Vaulted away inside my head. And memories never seem to fade. You were the best part of my life, my last regret." I sung quickly and quietly.

I looked up at Alex who was reading the other lyrics I has written throughout my book. I watched as he flicked the pages. He got to the last page of the book and started reading. My eyes widened and I quickly snatched it away from him, my mind racing and my cheeks aflame. Alex looked at me, confusing covering his face.

"Jack? What... Are you okay, man?" He asked me tenderly.

"Yeah. Fine." I grumbled.

I hastily threw the notebook into my bag and walked up to the teachers desk.

"Sir. May I use the bathroom, please?" I asked quietly.

"Sure. Be back in under ten minutes. Don't get lost." He chuckled out.

I smiled tightly at him and adjusted my bag strap before leaving the room. I stood outside in the empty hallway, sighing to myself. Why was I feeling all these things? I hardly even knew Alex and I already had these feelings for him. And he had a girlfriend too! I sighed loudly to myself again. I started walking down the halls with the intent of going home, when I heard a door open and close behind me.

"Jack. Jack! Wait! Where are you going?" Alex called out to me.

I stuffed my hands in my pocket and turned around to face him, realising now that I was taller than him.

"Home." I stated simply.

I saw Alex's face become thoughtful as his brow furrowed.

"Come back to mine?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied, smiling at Alex.

***

I'm very very sorry for slow updates D: as I said in my Austlan I had quite a few personal problems which stopped me from writing and yeah.

I know this is very slowly progressing but I promise it should get better soon!

Votes, comments and feed back is always lovely c:

Lots of hugs and junk -Tash <3 xox