Chapter 28

The next morning Kevin woke up from where he had fallen asleep in his chair with his head laying on Avi's bed. He raised up and looked at Avi who was still sound asleep.

Scott was on the other side of the bed sleeping in the same position that Kevin had been.

"Hey Scottie." Kevin whispered making sure not to wake Avi.

Scott opened his eyes and raised up looking around forgetting where he was. He stretched, feeling his back pop in about three different places.

"Do you want to go to the cafeteria with me and get some breakfast?" Kevin asked quietly.

"Yea, I'm starved. Did we even eat last night?" Scott asked getting up from his chair.

"I don't think so. If we did, it's long gone now." Kevin chuckled, leaning down kissing Avi on the forehead before heading down to the cafeteria with Scott.

They got their plates and found a table.

"You know when Avi wakes up he's gonna be asking a ton of questions wanting to know what happen." Scott said taking a bite of his pancakes.

"Yea I know." Kevin said while putting cream and sugar in his coffee. "And we can't lie to him. That's his brother and sister too. I just hope he's stable enough to handle it."

"I wonder where they are. I miss them." Scott said sadly.

"I do to, Scott. I just hope they are safe. But I'm sure they are, I think she really loves them, in her own insane way. Maybe if she thinks Avi is dead, she won't feel threatened and won't feel the need to be so secretive." Kevin said taking a bite of sausage.

Scott chuckles causing him to receive a confused look from Kevin.

"She doesn't know who she's messing with when it comes to Kirstie and Mitch. They're conniving. I guarantee you, they are playing her like a fiddle." Scott laughs.

"Oh, trust me, I can see that happening." Kevin laughs. "Especially Mitch, he scares me."

"Hey, but don't let Kirstie's sweet and innocent act fool ya. She's sneaky as hell. Avi and I definitely have our hands full with those two." Scott smiles thinking of the two little monsters.

They laughed and talked for a while. It made them both feel better to just get to relax and laugh. It was the first time the two actually got to sit down and talked and got to know each other better.

But the time came they needed to head back to the room and check on Avi.

They were surprised when they walked in and saw that the nurses had raised Avi's bed up to a sitting position and he was awake.

"Well look what we have here, Scott." Kevin said grinning pointing at Avi.

He could only open his right eye, the other was swollen shut. "I thought you guys deserted me." He said with a weak raspy voice.

"Not in a million years, Angel." Kevin smiled leaning down placing a soft kiss on his busted lip.

"O.K., Ya'll mind telling me whats going on and where are Kirst and Mitchell?" Avi questioned.

*****

"O.K., kids, we're all packed up. You guys ready to head home?" Amy asked turning off the T.V. and picking up her phone and car keys.

"Super." Mitch said sarcastically. Going unnoticed by his mom.

As they walked out of their room, Kirstie noticed a house keeper's cleaning cart a few doors down. Her and Mitch got into the back seat of the car.

Their mom leaned in, "Wait right here. I'm going to go get us some drinks out of the drink machine."

As she walked away, Kirstie said, "Mitch, last night I wrote a note and stuck it under my pillow. I explained everything and told them she was taking us to Mobile and to contact the Galveston Police. I just hope that cleaning lady finds it."

"Oooo, great thinking, Kit." Mitch said giving his sister a high-five. "Maybe we won't have to put up with this crazy bitch much longer."

_________________________________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!

**  AMERICA!!  **