Breath

By : jade_eyed (ao3)

Summary:

Can you write a Larry high school AU where Harry's a sophomore and Louis' his senior boyfriend and Harry's being bullied during class and has a panic attack and all he's saying is 'Louis' so someone goes into louis' classroom and gets him and louis' like freaking out when he finds out and just really fluffy and stuff i just need this okay

"Harry, you're going to be alright. It's a new year, I know, but you'll be okay because I'm here." Louis's hushed words exchanged outside the school in the parking lot seemed to keep Harry calm for the first few hours of his classes.

And he'd kissed him before he left his side to head off for first block when the school bell rang. So maybe the tingle left on his lips kept Harry coaxed with Louis's presence. In all honesty, Harry hadn't quite talked to anyone in between classes other than Louis and his friends, Zayn and Liam.

They were nice boys, but Louis was sweeter and gave Harry the most attention, making him feel special inside, stomach muscles fluttering. The only downside is that Louis is two grades higher than him, being a senior and all the while Harry was trapped in the sophomore year group.

What Harry's afraid of the most is having another dangerous panic attack that he'd gotten himself into non-purposefully, unknowing and unsuspecting. When it'd happened, it'd been because he was presenting a school project and of course, the attack had happened and no one knew how to help the hazy-eyed, breathless Harry whom could have died, but didn't.
*
*

The memory always makes tears prick at the corners of his eyes because the only person who knew how to help Harry had been Louis, who'd knocked on the classroom door, not realizing what was happening since students were crowding around Harry; and walked inside confused. The reason he'd been taking a visit to Miss. Montgomery's classroom, back in the year where Harry was a freshman and Louis was a junior, was because the office had sent him to give the teacher a note from the front office administration.

When some students had shuffled off to the side with sheer panic in their eyes, Louis had whipped his head around to where they'd been looking, immediately understanding what's happening to Harry as he hears him fighting for breath, doe eyes watery and blurred; wide and fearful as his hands splay out in front of him on the tiled floor.

Louis had shoved through the throng of people, glaring at every single one of them as he kneeled beside Harry, whom was suffering immensely. The boy's mind was racing, gaze flitting up to meet Louis's, who somehow is now in the classroom beside him. His high school crush.

"Harry, I'm going to get you out of here, okay?" Louis's angelic voice says softly. And suddenly he's being dragged out of the classroom, he thinks. The hall's quiet and he's still gasping for air, vision hazy as he clutches to Louis for support.

The silence comforts him, as well as the older boy whose guiding him to the boy's bathroom. Harry's vision is so very little, head pounding as he feels sick to the stomach, lungs screaming for air. Louis pushes into the bathroom and gently sets Harry down against the wall, helping him slide down into a more comfortable position, and sitting down beside him. He took Harry's hand in his own, allowing the younger boy to squeeze it stressfully if needed be.

Harry's black vision slowly starts to fade, along with the stress and anxiety he's putting on his heart, thankful that Louis's helping him. After another silent minute, other than Harry gasping for breath, Louis breaks the silence with his angelic voice once again. "Harry, I need you to keep still, alright?"

The younger boy nods in silence, keeping his head set back on the wall as tears slip out of the corners of his eyes and streams down the sides of his face. His little squirming movements come to a slow as Louis starts stroking the back of the boy's hand with his thumb in a comforting manner, cerulean eyes narrowed and stance calm. He's patient enough to wait for Harry to calm down, helping to ease his wild nerves.