Ch. 3

*Two Imperfect Halves of One Crazy Piece*

~Finn~

"Alright, now, there's a few things I need to explain before you test this equipment." P.B. started, adjusting her lab coat. I had agreed to try her thingy, but was a little bit worried. What if I got stuck there and had to marry a turtle or something? That would suck.

"The portal opened by my machine will lead to an alternate universe. It is important that you remember it is an alternate universe, and I'll tell you why. This alternate universe may be incredibly similar to ours, but it will not be the same. In fact, some things may even be opposite, but it is most certainly not an opposite universe. As far as my calculations tell me, major events, life-choices, and traits will be the same, whereas minor events, decisions, and such, may or may not." She went on, shuffling about, gathering charts and graphs. I brushed my hand over the hilt of my sword for comfort, glancing at Jake. He was drawing on the wall with one of Bubblegum's pens, totally not paying attention. I raised my hand. Chuckling, Princess Bubs called on me.

"I get that I'm going to be going to another universe, but all that life-event stuff's got me confused." P.B. handed me a bag to put samples from the other universe in, and smiled.

"Basically, some junk will be the same and some won't, depending on how important it is. That make sense, Finn?" I nodded, shoving the sample bag into my backpack. I grabbed Jake and dragged him over. He frowned, but sat down and listened to Prubs.

"Alright, now that the basics are covered, there's one other thing I need to discuss with the two of you. Since some things are the same in the other universe, alternate-me, alternate-you, and alternate-Jake will be opening a portal at the exact same time as us, causing the portals to overlap and create a doorway between the universes. Are you guys ready to meet your alternate-selves?" Jake jumped up, almost knocking me over.

"Yes! This is gonna be so math!" He barked, shrinking and jumping onto my shoulder. I wobbled on my feet, spilling a vat of some green liquid on the tiled floor. P.B. groaned, and told me to come back tomorrow. She said that the preparations would be complete, and she'd be ready to open the portal then. Me and jake told her we'd come right after breakfast.

"Bye, see ya!" I yelled, waving as I left the lab.

"Bye, boys!"