Ch. 1

An 'Adventure Time' Story

|Two imperfect halves of one crazy piece|

~Fiona~

My eyes blinked open. I woke up because my cat, Cake, was snoring loudly from across the room. I ran a hand through my tousled blonde hair. Getting up, I reached for my white hat, which sat on my bed-side table, and walked towards the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hat over my still bed-headish hair. I thought I heard a noise coming from the other room.

"Cake? You up?" I didn't really hear her response, but I heard some irritated meowing. Cake was not a morning person. Or should I say, 'morning cat'.

I staggered down the stairs and went over to the fridge. I stretched, reaching up to the top of the fridge to grab some 'Booberry' marshmallow cereal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cake strut into the kitchen and plop down on one of the stools at our island counter.

"Want some?" I asked, raising the box a little as I opened the fridge for milk.

"Sure...." Her reply sounded quite exhausted. I poured us both a bowl of cereal with milk, grabbed us some spoons, and walked over and sat down next to her.

After we completed our casual meal, I went back upstairs to take a shower and actually brush my crazy hair. Once I finished showering I blow-dried my hair and yanked my brush through the remaining snarls. I pulled on the usual; a light blue quarter sleeve tee, a turquiosey short skirt, socks that came up just below the knee, and a pair of black converse.

"Cake! Are you ready?" I called, stifling a yawn.

"For what?!" Cake said, sounding confused.

"Prince Gumball wants us to hangout today!" I replied, a little frustrated that she forgot. But then again she almost always forgot.

"Oh. Oh yeah. Yeah, let's go!" she said, pretending to remember. We walked out the door and headed down the path towards Candy Kingdom and Prince Gumball's castle. It was an absolutely normal day.

So far.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Finn~

"Jake? Jake?!? JAKE!!!!" I was shaking Jake, my dog, trying to get him up. Princess Bubblegum had told me and Jake to come over today, and for some stupid reason, he picked this day to sleep in. I had been up for hours already, which was unlike me. But I had to shower, and eat, and get dressed and all that, so it made sense. And it was Princess BUBBLEGUM we were talking about, so I didn't want to look like crap today. I had on my white hat, of course, some blue shorts, a light blue tee, and my favorite pair of black converse.

When I got Jake's lazy butt up, we only had, like, an hour to get to PB's house, and Jake's like a girl and takes forever to get ready. I told him to hurry every few minutes until he slammed the bathroom door in my face, following with a 'shut up, Finn!'

When he finally walked out of the bathroom, I grabbed my backpack and looked at him to see if he was really ready.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Jake said and headed towards the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, we arrived at the castle, which sat just about in the middle of the Candy Kingdom. The streets of the surrounding city were packed, as usual, but the castle seemed kind of deserted and desolate. I knocked on the heavy front door, hearing the thuds of my fist echo in the hallway behind. I turned to Jake, raising an eyebrow in question. He just shrugged and made his hand into the shape of a key. We went in.

Even though I wasn't in love with PB anymore, it was still weird trying to just be normal friends with her. I had Flame Princess and she was great, but now Princess Bubblegum seemed to be jealous. It was odd, having her be the jealous one.

And even though I'd broken in a million places for the sake of heroism, it felt different that morning, like it was a violation to do to someone who I used to love. I shook that off, though, because she had asked us there. We only broke in because there was no other way. I had to keep reminding myself of that as we walked the chilly halls.

It was okay.