Chapter 7: Kidnapped!

There were many glass protected shelves in the hallway and it looked like there were weapons of all kinds on display. He started pointing to some of the and naming what they did. I wasn’t interested in learning about them until he pointed to a tiny silver ball in a metal barred cage.

          “That little thing there can be easily ingested. Once it hits the stomach acids BOOM!” He yelled so loudly that it surprised me and I jumped.

          ”Last time I tried it , it exploded for a fifty foot radius. One of my personal favourites. Even Hero wouldn’t survive something like that, or at least I don’t think he would.” He chuckled.

          He continued to lead me down the hall and opened a door to another room. My jaw dropped when I saw what was in here. We were on a small balcony and the rest of the room went all the way down to the first floor and it even looked like it went to the basement. There were five huge robots all the way to the ceiling. I couldn’t help but gasp. Was that doorway a direct portal into a comic book? It felt like I was looking in a science fiction geek’s collector’s house. I then noticed something familiar about the robots. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but I knew there was something about them that I had probably seen in the news about them.

          “These aren’t quite ready yet, but I’ll knock that hero out of the sky one way or another. For now I’m going to try this approach. I’d rather kill him with my own hands, but if that fails I’ll send these guys after him.”

          “You’re insane. You’ll kill everyone.”

          “Then I’ll just repopulate the world and rule it as the world’s king. I know you'd be a perfect specimen to help with that.”

          “You’re delusional.”

          “Come come there is more to see.” He announced proudly. The great heavy door swung shut behind us and I heard plenty of clicking and creaking as all the locks replaced themselves.

          Hours went by and every time I thought we had finally seen the end of his house and numerous weapons there were always more doors. There was still no sign of Hero and I wasn’t any closer to caving in.

          “There is one thing that I haven't told you yet, my dear. I think it's a rather cunning part of the plan. Since I’ve shown you all this you know I can’t allow you to leave the house. Even if you did attempt to escape I’d hunt you down."

          "I'd like to see you try."

          "You really aren't convinced I could get you after seeing my kingdom?"

          "Well you certainly haven't had any luck getting a hold of a Hero. You've had to lower yourself to use a girl, and I'm not going to call for help. Unfortunately for you, I'm so invisible that no one will notice me missing for a while," I suddenly bit my tongue and realized the truth to those words.

          "I don’t really have to worry about a simple girl anyway, I can always turn you into a slave."

          "Isn't that a little bit cliche?"

          "A working slave wasn't what I had in mind." He winked at me and licked his lips with his large rubbery tongue. I suddenly wanted to throw up.  "Now I’ve got to prepare for his arrival, so if you’ll just sit tight. I won’t tie you up again, but if you try to escape I’ll give you some of my-“ he lifted the syringe and chuckled, “painkiller.”

          I reluctantly, but obediently sat in the chair to show I was going to cooperate. I was never a fan of needles, but I was pretty sure whatever was in that syringe would not be a painkiller nor anything good medically for me. For all I knew it could kill me, and I wouldn’t be very good help if I was dead. I also planned on searching for an exit if he was going to be out of my sight. Sure if he found out I would get the injection, but I was planning on not being found out. I waited until he rounded the corner and I heard him punch in four sounding beeps and a door opened. So there was a code needed to get out. I tried to memorize the tones the keypad rang off so that when I was sure the coast was clear I could go and get myself out.