Dressed to Impress

It's about 10:00 at night when we head back to the pub the next day. I spent the whole night asking Teddie everything she knew about Johnny. She wasn't much help though.
"How many girls has he dated before?" I'd asked her.
"How should I know? Why are you so curious anyway?"
I looked away, trying not to blush.
"Oh my god! Lola, do you fancy him?!"
"No!" I retorted defensively, feeling my cheeks go red. She knew I was lying but didn't pursue it.
"He's always fucking people, but he's never had a serious relationship that I know of."
"Do you know why?"
Teddie laughed and shook her head.
"I hardly know him Lola!" she flipped her blonde fringe away from her eyes. "All I know is he has an awful temper and he's really rude, so draw your own conclusions!"
I knew she was hinting that no one wanted to date him, but I ignored this comment. I knew there was so much more to him that Ted saw. I'd seen his smile, heard his gorgeous laugh, and I knew there was a whole other side to him that he didn't show. I knew he was the kind of guy who wouldn't fuck around with people he's not interested in, so why would I be any different? The thought depressed me, but he had asked me to come back and see him again, so I held on to that shred of hope that maybe he wasn't messing me about.
Tonight I'd dressed myself up, desperate to impress the boy of my dreams. I'd borrowed Teddie's leather jacket and put it over a fishnet sweater and black bra. I'm wearing Doc Martins and black zipped pants, and tied my wavy auburn hair into a messy bun. I know I probably look awful. We walk into the bar, side by side and I catch sight of him straight away. He looks wonderful as I expected. He's wearing fishnet like me, and from behind I can see his spine and ribs sticking out. My breathing accelerates and I try to stay calm. The other 3 are with him, but honestly I'm not too bothered about them. I rush up and sit on a stool next to him, not saying a word. I'm so excited to see him again. He turns and stares at me blankly.
"Hi Johnny."
"Hey Lola."
Teddie sits on my left and whispers in my ear,
"He loves you."