Gloom | V

The boy and the girl sat, watching through the cracks the lights that shone at the bridge. The girl thought of something, and soon she decided to speak it. ''We have to escape!'' she exclaimed and the boy reacted quickly. He put his hand on her lips and shushed her with his index finger on his lips. Guards spoke in the distant and soon their voices faded. Now, the boy removed his hand. ''You can't exclaim like that,'' the boy sighed as he closed his eyes without hope. ''Right, sorry,'' she said and now she felt cheerless. ''I didn't mean to-'' the boy paused. ''I know,'' the girl replied. ''About that,'' the boy went back to the original conversation. ''I thought of removing these rocks,'' she placed her hand through the crack the boy made a while ago when the girl was being dragged at the bridge. ''That is a deep chasm,'' the boy whispered coldly. ''Oh,'' she said. ''I know someone who might help us, but he hasn't arrived,'' the boy said. ''someone?'' she asked confused. Is there someone else coming and going in this chamber? she thought. ''Yes. Ghost,'' he spoke.

''Huh?'' she moaned, perplexed. ''It's my friend, Ghost. he comes to speak stories to me, but now he hasn't been here in a while,'' the boy said, he wasn't sad anymore now that he had someone else to trade conversations. ''Why isn't he here anymore,'' she asks. ''No clue,'' he responds. Both of them cease the conversation and continue to watch the beaming lights that stayed for a while longer. Soon, they both slept and a new day rose. Sadly, both of them couldn't see the bright shining sun, nor the clouds or sky, or anything else above. They both awoke to the smell of food brought in by the care takers and soon they greeted each other to their awakening. They ate what was given and then they stared through the cracks once again. That's all they did, often they spoke meaningless conversations and the boy shared what he knew of the dungeon. The day became uneventful for the both of them, but somehow the boy had the idea that Ghost will be coming soon and that he would be their great escape plan.