Gloom | VII

The boy woke up to the shrill sound of a weakened whisper, but soon it became stable. ''Boy, wake up,'' the whisper demanded and thus the boy rubbed his eyes. He knew this voice. It's familiar and now realized. ''Ghost!'' the boy exclaimed and then slapped his lips and shushed himself. The girl is petrified at the shriek. ''W-what?!'' she asked, confused. ''He is here,'' the boy contained himself and doesn't exclaim again. ''Who?'' the girl asks and then moaned; ''oh.''

''What happened?'' the boy asked a bit mad at Ghost, but he doesn't mean so. ''I'm sorry boy, I had to run some errands,'' Ghost spoke. The girl sat next to the boy and they both face Ghost who was ahead of both. ''Now, who is this?'' Ghost asked the boy and he quickly snaps knowing the girl is a new face to him. ''oh, she is Stella. Stella, this is ghost, hi,'' the boy spoke. ''Nice to meet you,'' the girl greets and nods. ''I see, nice to meet you Stella. You will learn many things from me,'' Ghost chuckles knowing full well about his stories, even his funny ones, but there were stories and legends that she had to hear first. The boy knew what these were already and he almost had them memorized too! ''We'll, begin with Noreliam-'' Ghost conveys, but is interrupted by the boy who now has a task for him. ''No, no Noreliam today Ghost. I need- I mean, we need your help,'' the boy said eagerly. ''Uh,'' Ghost moaned, speechless. ''Is there a way to escape this place,'' the boy inquired and Ghost grew surprised. ''Well, certainly not,'' he replied and he thought he had made that clear once before, this is why he was perplexed at the question, and even so! coming from the boy! ''No. I meant to ask, is there a possible way to leave this place,'' the boy changed the question hoping for a right answer. Now Ghost pondered. Which answer was the correct one again? ''Well, yes.''

''Then, how?'' the girl chipped in wanting to hear it. ''Eh..'' the ghost managed to produce, almost in disgust. He knew what lied in every corner of the dungeon and he truly does know how to leave. But at what cost? Two children can't manage all of it on their own. Certainly. ''Well...'' Ghost extended the word in emphasis. ''There is a way, but,'' Ghost paused. ''but?'' the boy asked eagerly. ''It's dangerous, and I well say, dangerous,'' Ghost said putting more intensity on the word dangerous, hoping they would consider their notion hopeless regardless. The boy opened his mouth to question it and ghost interrupted. ''I don't think you heard me. Dangerous!'' he exclaimed loudly with a voice that roared like a ravenous thunder and it petrified the both of them. ''Tell me!'' the boy protested with a frown, sounding demanding. ''I don't care if it's dangerous, tell us!'' once again, he shouted.

''If you are so eager to learn, then do something for me,'' Ghost proposed and floated towards the cracks on the rocky wall. ''You must travel through the chasm, and it is no easy task. You know so,'' Ghost spoke and the boy gulped at the sudden change in him. The girl only wondered what he meant, but she didn't have the guts to ask. Soon, the two of them began to break the barrier. Rocks tumbled down to the chasm and nothing was heard at the end of it and now the girl gulped too. ''That is a very deep chasm,'' she said. ''Now jump!'' Ghost exclaimed. ''Wh-what?!'' they both exclaim, alarmed at Ghost's shout. ''Jump!" Ghost cried loudly next to their ears and then they fell below into a chasm of perdition that seemed endless with no means of cushioning their fall.