Chapter 30

Edeline

I walked home after buying some food.

I saw my apartment lights were on.
And someone's shadow was walking around.

I walked slowly inside.
I didn't have a weapon with me so I just had to use my hands.

"MAYA?? Oh my GOD" I almost yell.

"What the hell!!! You scared me to death. I thought someone broke in" I said and picked up my bag from the floor after dropping it.

"I have the spare key. Did you forget?" Sam said and knocked on my head.

"What are you doing anyway?" I asked, "wait.. did you two come here together?" I continued.

"Pfft NO.. Maya wanted to come check Derek's stuff and since I had the spare key, I offered. Also, I texted you'' Sam said, ''I guess there was no signal where I was'', ''and where were you exactly'' Sam asked, ''With my cousin'' Maya said, ''he texted me saying how nice you were to him'' she continued.

I wore more comfy clothes and walked out to see Sam and Maya talking and laughing. I hate to come between them, so I made myself a hot cocoa and sat next to the window. I couldn't stop thinking about today, Tristan, and that magical place. I want to go back there, but I won't do it alone.

''I think someone's in love'' Sam joked, '' And with Detective Hill in the picture... oooh scandal'' he continued, ''stop it'' I said, ''Yeah stop it Sam. Denial always comes first'' she laughed, ''oh you two.. are perfect for each other'' I said and they both stared at each other awkwardly, Maya blushed and Sam knew it. I knew it too.

''Okay I gotta go. I found nothing in there. I'm starting to feel hopeless, but I'll try harder'' Maya said, ''don't worry Maya. we'll help'' Sam said. They were just so cute.

As soon as Maya walked out I saw Hill coming towards the door.

''Edeline. How have you been?'', ''great. You?'', ''good. I haven't seen you for days'', ''Just two days Detective. Miss me already?'' I smirked, he blushed.

Wait. He actually blushed and was trying to hide his face from me.

This is so awkward.

''Oh hey detective, I was just heading out. Come in, talk freely with Edeline'' Sam said. He walked out and kept waving behind Hill and making a heart shape with his hands.

What a dork.