Chapter 44

Edeline

It's the day that everybody does not look forward to...

I was getting ready when Maya came to check up on me...

''Ready to go?'' she asked, ''can't we just bury Sam in peace without all those people we barely know coming and pretending to know Sam?'' , ''He was a lovable person in town, and they would like to pay their respect'' she said, ''Come on... we don't wanna be late'' she held my arm and we walked out the door.

I felt 12 again...

Going to my mom's funeral to say goodbye...

I stood right in front of his coffin that was filled with roses...

it looked peaceful...

I saw Scott and his girlfriend standing with their heads down, eyes full of tears.

He was loved.

I looked everywhere for Tristan...

Why hasn't he shown up?

The priest started to speak about Sam and how good of a person he was...

He donated for the church and for the orphanage and gave foster kids toys...

''He was only 22 but he had a big heart full of love and faith... I have known Sam since he was a child, he was very delightful'' the priest continued to talk about Sam, I couldn't hear no more...

It kills me to know all these things about him and not being able to share them with him and do them again along his side...

Everyone took turns to speak about how they knew Sam and how he was the best bookstore owner...

I felt tightness in my throat from preventing myself to cry...

They called my name to go to the Mic and share my feelings...

This time I need to spill what's in my heart and show how much Sam meant to me...

I'm not strong enough but knowing that Sam might be looking down on me made me stronger...

''My name is Edeline... I...'' I tried to speak but it was hard when your throat is refusing to work...

I looked at the crowd and saw Peter, smiling at me, saying ''You can do this'' by putting his hand on his chest.

''Sam was the first person to meet me when I first moved here and he opened his arms for me and helped me through every step of the way...'' I looked at my journal, I opened the page...

''I can't speak much longer about him... it keeps getting harder and harder to think about him and know he will no longer look me in the eyes and smile''

''I wrote a lullaby for him last night, he used to love my writing and... I would like for him to hear this one'' I said and started to sing softly as the wind breeze touched my skin and I felt his presence...

' It's 2 A.M, I can't believe you're gone...

Isn't it strange how...

One life ends, but the clocks upon the wall...

They keep ticking on and on, and on...

What were your last words,

Happened so fast lord...

can't help but think, what you would be...

If you just had the chance to turn 23

It's 2 A.M, still don't believe you're gone...

And the world keeps spinning on

You had so many songs, left to sing

So many stories, that I'll never get to read...

Heaven holds you in its arm and now...

I'm down here learning how to say goodbye...

In the blink of an eye...'

As soon as I finished I closed my eyes and embraced myself with the wind, I could feel him hugging me through the wind...

I opened my eyes and there he was...

__________________________
All the credit goes to Tori Kelly for this beautiful piece of art 💜💚
Did you guys like this chapter?
And who do you think is standing in front of Edeline??g