Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of birds squawking, trees moving and the warmth of Corporal McDonald's body against mine. I felt his arm curve around my body, hugging me. I opened my eyes and stared into his, I kissed him on the lips. He moved his hand onto my stomach to once again feel his child. We laid in bed for a long time, holding onto each other, I heard Eliza crying and screaming yes, I didn't even want to think what she was doing. I walked out of the tent and sat down at my post starting a fire, Eliza and Kirra ran over to me with big smiles on their faces.
"What, what is it" I said impatiently.
"I'm getting married"! Eliza said while tears streaming down her face.
I gave a big hug and running back to the tent, we sat down at the table talking about the wedding. Suddenly private Grassi walked in with a smile grabbing onto Eliza and taking her into their room.
"We should go" Kirra said with a cringe.
"Yeah ok" I replied.
We walked out of the tent and I saw Corporal Mcdonald and ran over to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him deeply. Kirra walked off with private Neko. Corporal Mcdonald took my hand and led me down to the rocks he pushed me up against a big boulder, I took his military coat off while kissing his lips, I could feel his tongue inside my mouth. I put my leg up on his hip, realizing that he tore my skirt for him to get his hand under easier. He softly dragged his fingers along my thigh making his way under the slit of my skirt. He kept kissing me and made his way down my neck. I had no choice but to moan, he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him, with nothing holding me but him and the boulder.
"We should go back now, I'll see you tonight" I said while smiling.
"Ok" he replied.
I walked off with my hips swaying trying to seduce him, I knew he was looking at it.
when I got back to the tent I saw something poking out of the draw, I took hold of it. When I realised what it was I opened it, it was a letter to me from Private Evans.

Dear Harriet,
This is hard for me to say, but it's been going on for a long time, I've loved you ever since we left England, I know that your with Corporal McDonald. I just wanted you to know that I love you. I wish that your child would be mine and I wish that you would be my wife but anyway, I love you.
Sincerely Private Evans.