Chapter 8

I walked out of Private Evans tent towards Corporal McDonalds so I could get my belongings. I walked in and corporal McDonald looked at me.
"Have you forgiven me"? He asked
"I told you, I don't love you"! I yelled
I walked to my room and picked up my belongings and started to walk out, private Evans was standing there smiling. He took my hand and took me to the tent. I dropped my things on the ground and jumped into private Evans arms.
"You don't have to call me private Evans you know" he said.
"What would I call you"? I asked.
"My first name is Christopher but for short you can call me Chris" he replied.
"Ok then, you can do what ever you want, Chris Evans" I whispered while smirking.
I was happy to be with Chris again, I was going to marry him, have children with him and love him until I die.
Hopefully the governor will let us marry after I left Corporal McDonald.
I turned to Chris and touched his cheek with my hand bringing his head in closer to mine, I pressed my lips against his kissing him softly. He wrapped his arms around me and held me. It felt like it was back home again sitting down on the bench along the seaside with the salty breeze flowing through my hair.
He ran his fingers through my thick, blonde hair, staring into my big, blue eyes.
He kissed me on the lips and hugged me, holding me tight not wanting to let me go.
"I need to go convicts have finished their breakfast I'll see you later" he said then kissing me on the forehead.
I nodded and went to get my things for my jobs around the camp. I didn't want to have corporal McDonald as the soldier to keep an eye on us. I just didn't want to see him again.