[ acht. ]

"I messed up, Mikey. I messed up big time," Ashton said, leaning his head on his best friend's shoulder. "I was just trying to tell Journey that I was crushing on her, but I panicked and said the first thing that came to my mind and my life is basically over."

"You're crushing on Journey?" Michael asked, his eyes widening.

"I thought it was super obvious...did Harry lie to me?"

"Dude, how long have you known her? It's been, what, a-"

"Long enough to know I like her, okay? And I messed it up so if you could show some sympathy that would be much appreciated."

"I'm sorry, man. Maybe you could like go over to her house with some pizza and have a surprise movie night? It's been two months; I can tell you're missing her a lot. She's probably missing you, too," Michael said, trying to give his friend some advice.

¤

"I don't miss him one bit," Journey said to Luke over the phone, the blond boy sighing.

"Could you at least go talk to-"

"Luke, I think I'm moving again."

"What?! Why? Is it because of Ash-"

"No, definitely not. My parents are tired of Australia. They want to move to Hawaii. I guess scuba diving is so much better in Hawaii? But I don't really know."

"You can't- no. You could, like, stay with me or something- I'll ask my mum and everything will be-"

"I'm not leaving my parents, Luke. They're crazy, but they're family. I'm gonna go now, okay? Bye."

"No! Wait! Please don't g-- and you've already hung up. Isn't this great?" Luke said, running his fingers through his hair, refusing to believe that his newest friend is moving away. Figuring that at least someone else should know, Luke finds Michael in his contacts and holds the phone back up to his ear, listening to the ringing.

"Hey this is Michael-"

"Oh great, Mikey, I gotta tell you-"

"Sorry I can't get to the phone right now. Leave a message after the beep."

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Luke exclaimed, groaning and pressing 'end' before finding someone else and hovering his finger over Ashton's name. Without giving himself time to think too much about it, Luke pressed Ashton's contact and waited.

"Hey, Luke, now isn't a great time. I'm trying to get back into the whole good at drumming thing and-"

"Journey is moving!" Luke cut him off, swallowing afterwards at the silence on the other end.

"What? Are you sure-?"

"Of course I am, Ash."

"Shit."

"She's not at hom-"

"I'm going over. Bye."

"Why does no one ever listen to me?" Luke groaned, letting his phone fall to the ground as he rubbed his eyes. "Probably because I talk to myself."

"You've got a point there," Calum said, scaring the shit out of the tall blond boy.

"Oh my God, who let you in?" Luke turned around, his eyes wide and his heart pounding in his chest. "You know what, I don't care. Journey's moving, by the way. Just so you know. And Ashton's an idiot."