[ zwölf ]

Journey being tired from her trip to the zoo was a complete understatement, and she had requested either Luke or Calum carry her at least six times each, but as they were both exhausted as well, it was deeming unsuccessful.

"If only we had Ashton and his magical red wagon," Journey said, grumbling as they finally reached the entrance of the zoo; she groaned even louder as she realized they had to either find a taxi or walk home. At the way things were looking, it would be a walk home. Journey took her phone out of her pocket and dialed an all too familiar number.

"Hey, Irwin, can you drive my car to the zoo and pick me up? I can't find a taxi, and I'm too tired to walk. Great! The keys are probably on the counter in the kitchen. Yes, the counter that my phone number was on. I think the front door is unlocked, too. See you in like twenty minutes! Bye, Ash!"

"Great," Luke said, sitting down where he stood, causing Calum to trip over him in some way. Journey laughed at this and sat down next to Luke, resting her head on his shoulder. She let out a sigh, the photo strip laying in her lap, just reminding her of what had happened moments before the photos were taken. Journey's eyes closed, and, before she knew it, Journey was fast asleep.

She was awoken by not Luke or Calum but Ashton, who was grinning, "Wakey, wakey!"

Journey squinted up at the boy, hissing as the bright sunlight burned her eyes.

"It's too bright out here."

"Here, have my sunglasses," Ashton shoved the black objects onto her face, making her readjust them to actually cover her eyes.

"Thanks, Ash," Journey said, smiling.

Ashton smiled at the girl and bent down, pressing a soft kiss on her cheek. When she glanced at the other two idiots on her right, she found that Luke was grinning but Calum was frowning.

"Calum, mate, are you okay?"

"Totally fine."

"Are you sure? You're clenching your fists and looking like you want to murder someone."

"I said that I'm fine, Ashton."

Journey looked at Calum with concern, but seeing as the boy quickly turned away, she focused back on the idiot in front of her, "Thank you. For the sunglasses and for picking us up because I really did not want to walk."

"No problem, Journey. Do you guys want to get some Macca's before I drop you all off?"

"Fuck yeah."

Journey didn't mention that he was driving her car, mostly because she wasn't really up for driving.

"Can I drive?"

"No, Luke."

¤

"Welcome to McDonald's! What can I get you?"

"Five Happy Meals, please."

"Ashton," Journey whispered. "There's four, not five."

"I have to get food for Mikey."

"Okie dokie."