The 175th hunger games

Darling Meeka (district 7)

Our large television flares to life as the anthem blares through the speakers. President Talia Snow, a beautiful women in her early twenties approuches a large podium. "One hundred and seventy-five years ago it was declared that an annual sport for the people of Panem. 24 strong young men and women would fight to the death, leaving one sole victor to rise above everyone else.

"And as a special treat for everyone every twenty-five years there would be a Quarter-Quell. A set of games of grand proportions! This year is our nations 7th Quarter-Quell and to remind the districts that both men and women rebeled against the capitol and both fought in the war there will 3 games this year. First will be an all.girls game with eight winners then a boys game with eight winners also, and last there will a be a winners game. The sixteen boys and girls will fight along with eight people, capitol or distirct citizen. These games will truely never be forgotten"

My mother almost shoutes out in shock, and my little brother tries to stop a tear but an evil little grin crosses my face. A chance to win two Hunger Games!

There would be no greater honor then to win! There's no possible way I'm going to let someone voluteer for me. Good luck everyone, cause Darling is here and I'm here to play.

Dauson Rikes (district 10)
Not a sound can be heard throughout our entire house. My father, sister and I don't make a sound. Three games! How can they... what is... ugh! My thoughts twist together and I want to scream. "Dauson, we won't get picked right?" My 13 year old sister asks. Shaking my head I stutter out, "I don't... I just dont know Savanna."

Tears well up in her big calf brown eyes. I lean over and give her and my stunned father a big hug. "We can make it through this. I promise." I say into her soft hair. Savanna's arms embrace me tighter, as warm tears trickle down her cheeks.

These games will destroy my family and I cant let that happen. The presidents right. These games will surely never be forgotten.

Hey amazing readers! If you have names, ages, or descriptions for the characters going into the games I'd love the suggestions! Thanks guys you totally rock.

MusicQueen14