District 3 Girls Reaping

Bight Daring

Systems on line.....

Checking code......

Welcome Mayor Balling

The computer flashed these new messages as I typed faster and faster. Codes and firewalls were no match for my brain, and as the last firewall breaks I sigh seeing the Mayor's files. Scrolling throuhg I search for one thing. "Ah ha!!" I shout softly not wanting to wake up the sleeping kids around.

I click on the small file that reads REAPING DAY NAMES. Hundreds of names appear on my screen and I scroll quickly looking for my name.

Tomorrow is reaping and I will not go into the hunger games. I refuse. Seeing my name I click it and bite my cheek to stop from screaming. 205 times. My name is in the bowl 205 times. I grip the keyboard and begin to edit. "No more hunger games for me." I say clicking save. The screen flashes 42 as I exit out of my name.

Before the power shuts down I start to look down the list of names. My fingers stop when I reach the name Mila. I growl under my breath and click on her name.

My older sisters profile appears on the screen.

Three years ago our parents died in a factory fire. Mila and I have never really gotten along and once mum and dad were gone it was the end of our relationship. She shipped me off to this horrible kids home, even though I was 13. She was 15 and left me forever. I hate her so much.

I click her edit screen and get to work. "Let's see...." I mutter under my breath. "How does the hunger games sound big sis?" I say closing the screen. The power in the little room shuts off and I lay down with Mila's new number, 175 across vision.

««««« »»»»»

Mila Daring

I slip into the 18 year old pen and start talking away with my friends. None of us are worried about going into the games. I know I won't be. My name is in the bowl 15 times, and compared to those kids who take extra food I'm going to be just fine.

I hear someone behind me mutter, "hey did you see that girl? She looks like Mila." I groan and glare at the ground. My little pest of a sister. I gave her up yet people still always say, "Mila's sister." I don't even know why.

We look nothing alike. I mean we both have red hair and light green eyes, but that is were our similarities end. I gave her away to stop being compared to her.

The capitol's anthem begins to play and I stand up tall watching our escort. "Welcome ladies to this years Quarter Quell. Good luck to all of you and may the odds be ever in your favor!" Treble Clays shouts, her pink hair bobbing.

Her heels click across the stage and her long fingers dive deep into the bowl. The crowd holds their breath as she pulls it out. "Our first tribute for District 3 is... Mila Daring!!!" A loud gasp escapes the crowd, and I shriek. "NO! It can't be me." Two peacekeepers rush forward and push me towards the stage.

"Now don't fight dear." Treble says taking my hand. "Now Mila how old are you?" I huff and blow my hair out of my face. "I turned 18 today, so I guess happy birthday to me!" I say sarcasticaly.

"Well dear since it is your birthday why don't you pick our next tribute. Anyone you want!" Treble says a bit to happy. I scan the crowd, but stop on Bight. Her eyes are full of silent laughter, which makes me force down a scream.

"Well then I want my dearest little sister in the games with me." I say pointing to Bight. She glares but puts no fight as she makes her way up the stage. If looks could kill i'd have died 6 times now.

"Well then here you go District three. Mila and," treble over to Bight, "what's your name sweetie?" Bight mutters her name under breath. "Mila and Bight Daring, your district 3 sister tributes!"

I turn and glare at Bight. She glares back, and her message is clear. "I will destroy you in these games. So watch your back sis."