District 4

Tyla Shell
"Come on fish!! Get out of the water we have to go in like 20 minutes!" I shout out across the ocean. My twin sister, Crystal, pops out of the water and signs to me that she is coming in.

Even though we are twins, Crystal and I look nothing alike. I have wavy black hair and ocean blue eyes. Crystal on the other hand has platinum blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes, she gets all the boys and I get to live in my sisters shadow.

As Crystal gets up out of the water I start to laugh at her. Seaweed is twisted through her hair and she can't seem to get it unstuck. "Come 'ere." I say grabbing the seaweed. It pulls right out and her hair falls into perfect beach waves. She looks flawless as always.

A loud bell begins to ring as we sprint into the square. I smooth out my royal blue dress as we make our way into the 16 year old section. I look around and can see so many boys looking at Crystal, but she just smiles not looking at any one boy in particluar.

I turn my head looking at all the boys who gawk at the girls, and as I keep looking I make eye contact with a tall boy with sandy blonde hair and pine green eyes. He's 17 but I can't remember his name. He winks and blows a kiss towards me.

I can feel the blush on my face and look away as our escort, Bubbles Periwink, begins her very high pitched speech. I stare at the bowls and know my name is in there a dozen or more times.
Crystal squeezes my hand, "its ok. We will be fine."

"Now its time for our first young lady to come forward!" Bubbles squeals. She dips her short stubby fingers into the bowl.

"Tyla Shell!!"

My mind stops. No I can't go, I won't go I stand still, and I feel Crystals fingers leave mine as she raises her hand shouting, "I volunteer!"

"Crystal, NO!!!" I cry out as she walks up on stage. I chase her up the stairs and grip her hand. "I volunteer as well!" We lift our united hands and the crowd starts to cheer.

"Please congradulate our two tributes...." Bubbles begins. "Crystal and Tyla Shell." We say together. I turn and hug Crystal. Her hot tears drip on my shoulder. "I can loose you Tyla, we have to win. Promise me that." I sqeeze her hand extra long, "I promise we will both come home no matter what."

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in like forever but thanks for the reads! I hope you like this chapter! Love you all <3