Chapter Five - (Megan)- "Babbling Like Baboons"

The shaking in the floor rolled to a stop. Keegan's hand was still in mine as I took off towards the elevator; as I did, I ripped my hand free.

Only a few feet away from the door when a pair of arms wrapped around me. Stopping me from moving forward. I tried to punch who ever was holding me but I couldn't. The arms held me close flitting me a bit off the ground, I started kicking and screaming at the workers.

"Katie!" I yelled over and over.

I was crying by the time I was pulled back to the waiting area; few feet away. Once, I was back on the ground I turned around ready to yell. But as soon as I did, I lost my voice; it was Keegan. He had tears building up in his eye. I tossed my arms around him. We didn't stay like that long. I turned around to the workers. They were just standing there with a surprise mixed with dumb, facial expressions

"Was that them?" I asked in a simple voice.

"We believe so."

Pain shot over my chest. As I realized my sister has just crashed to the ground.

"Are you just going to stand there?" I said. They looked at each others.

"Well, are you? Is there a way to get to them?" My voice was getting louder as I spoke.

"We're not sure..." I cut off the taller worker as I know what he was going to say. They are fine, they have to be fine; there's no way I'm loosing her.

"Don't you dare, any of you, it's my sister's birthday today. And because of you guys, she's not with me, her only family."

Everyone was looking at me as I was now full on yelling at them.

"We umm..."

"We umm, what, just going to stand here, doing nothing?"

"Madam, we'll have to ask you to leave if you don't calm down." A guy in a black suit said walking up to me. By the looks of it, I would say he owns the place.

"Calm down, my sister..."

"Yes, I know but..." He was cut off, not by me but Keegan.

"Two people down there and your guys are just standing around babbling like baboons, now get someone to get them out... now!"

I have to say he's super hot we he's mad. He looped our fingers together and pulled us out of the building.

"What? I don't want to leave."

"Neither do I." He said looking at me.

"But we have to leave; show them that we are in charge, we have the power." Keegan added.

Few buildings down the street we stopped for coffee and muffins; seeing that we didn't get to finish eating this morning.

I just picked at the muffin.

"Don't you like muffins?" Keegan asked.

"Yea' I do, just I cook most of my food; so when I eat out everything just tastes off."

"Oh, do you want something different?"

"No, it's fine, not really hungry anyways." I said looking at the ground.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine." He sounded like he actually believed what he was saying. For me, my mind couldn't help but always head strait to the worst thing that could happen.

He got up, reached for my hand, pulling me out of my chair and hugged me.

The sun was shining on us, the wind blowing softly but all I could think about was how glad I was that Keegan was here with me and I wasn't alone or didn't have to go though this by myself.

"Megan?" He whispered.

"Yea'" I said still hugging him.

He pulled my head up to face him. He leaded towards me. Was he going to kiss me, now. I thought 'but I can't be falling for someone when my sister is stuck in an elevator less the a block away. What kind of sister I am?'

He gently kissed me forehead. I started to feel more calm. He pulled away and said.

"Let's head back."

Once again he looped our fingers together.

Walking in, the workers were once again working.

Emma came up to us; as she did I couldn't read her face.

"The workers want to speak with you two." She said then walked off and we followed.

"So," the tallest of the workers began to talk. "The basement walls have collapsed around the elevator so we can't just walk in and get them. We were going to try to lower down on top of it, but the top is covered and we don't want to take the change of it collapsing in on them."

I was taking in on what was being said. By the sounds of it, they're stuck there.

"But we are sending a crew to see if there's not away in that we haven't been able to see."

"Do you have a way to tell if they are hurt?" Keegan asked.

I couldn't seem to find my words.

"No, we don't but, we have a medical team here around the clock."

"When are you sending the team down?" I asked.

"Soon as we can."

"But we are asking everyone who is not part of the team to leave the building in case it goes to collapse."

I took his clipboard he was holding and I wrote my number.

"Call me if anything happens."

"I will." He said.

"Thank you." And I really meant it.

I hadn't even noticed that there was a little crowd of people out side, until I went to push open the door.

"Keegan, who's the girl? Are to two dating? How did you guys meet?" The questions flew at me left and right.

"Keegan have you heard from Josh?"

"Josh's where about is unknown, do you know where he is? Excuse me, miss, what's your name? How do you know Keegan?"

My head was spinning with all the questions that were being yell at us.