Sports and good news!

Hello Hermanos! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but that's what happens when you are a lazy teenage girl! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

XxMollyxX

Maggie's POV

I nearly screamed when I found out Liam's dad was my soccer coach. Tell me about awkward. I didn't even know Liam played soccer. His dad began going over expectations, but I scanned the crowd of players. There were a lot of familiar players and people that were on travel leagues. I had a good feeling about this team. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts as coach yelled at us to take a lap. Liam quickly caught up to me and began talking as we ran.

"Wasn't expecting to see you here!" He said. I smiled.

"Oh yeah I wasn't expecting to see you either or to have you dad as coach." I said. We turned around the goal box still running.

"What position do you play?" He asked. 

"Keeper. You?" I stiffled inbetween breaths. 

"Forward or sweeper." He said. I nodded as we came to a stop around the coach. 

"Okay kids stretch it out! Anyone interested in keeper follow me." He said. Me and four other kids followed him.

"Okay you will be rotating in net all day. We will do numerous shooting drills and I will evaluate each of you on skill. I will have my first keeper and second chosen by the end of practice. Go get you gloves and goal shirt on." He said. I ran to my bag and put on my gloves and shirt. I had a good feeling about this season, because I practiced a ton over the summer. The coach put us in line from height and I was the second tallest keeper. He put the rest of the team in lines to shoot and the drill began. After the whole team went through once we switched keepers and I was up. The first kid wasn't to bad. I stood in net and the first kid took the shot. It whizzed a little to the side heading for the corner, but I dived and caught it. The drill continued and by the end of my turn I only let in one goal. After all the keepers went through I did the best. Coach told two of the kids that they were out and couldn't play goal. I was in net for a drill and I caught a ball. I couldn't help, but notice a girl flirting with Liam who was trying to focus. I was about to drop kick it when coach told me to try a goal kick. I smiled and put the ball on the ground. I quickly kicked it and it went straight into the girls head. The stumbled a bit the looked at me angrily.

"Whoops." I said without a hint of emotion. Liam was smiling at me and his dad had an impressed look on his face. We continued practice and coach was ready to announce who made the team. I felt nerves kick in.

"Okay team captains are Josh, and Alexa. Defensive players are Tom, Rick, Alyssa, Brian, Melanie, Toby, and Elizabeth. Forwards are Katie, Liam, Makayla, Brett, and Ben. Midfielders are Garrett, Jennifer, Sarah, Keith and Greg. Second Keeper is Erin and First Keeper is Maggie." Coach read off the names and my nerves washed away. There were excited murmurs and sighs from the kids who didn't make the team.

"Practice this Thursday. You will get a schedule then. See you then." He said. I quickly packed up and ran to the car. My mom was there with a excited look on her face.

"FIRST KEEPER!!" I yelled. She began yelling with me and we turned up the radio jamming all the way home. When we arrived at the house I quickly threw all my dirty equipment on the floor and went to the bathroom. I took off my clothes and turned on the shower. I was muddy and sweaty, but I couldn't have been more happy. I took a quick shower and brushed out my wet hair. I threw on some Pjs and went to my room. I turned the tv on and started up Doctor Who. Suddenly my sister  burst through the door.

"MOLLY I HAVE AWESOME NEWS!" She screamed. I just stared at her.

"Yesss?" I questioned.

"I won an online thing and got six tickets to see LITTLE MIX! Three for you three for me. Now find some friends. Its in two months." She said in one breath. She quickly retreated. I nearly screamed. I introduced Qween and Jay to Little Mix so I would talk to them tomorrow. Honestly this was on of the best first days of school ever!

Authors note

I like Little Mix okay. Yeah so Maggie made the soccer team. Sorry about the filler chapter.