The Beginning

For the next 12 years of my life, and 16 for James, we lived with Aunt Nina. Whenever I was 14, she grew very ill, and found out she had cancer. Her husband, who was very destructive toke custody of us. In a few weeks, it would be James 10th birthday. 

For his birthday, Uncle Grintly was in a good mood, and toke us out too eat. I ate steak, and mashed potatoes, and for a drink, I had orange soda. James had mac and cheese, and celery with peanut butter, and he had water to drink. 

For some reason I could remember that day like it was yesterday. God I wish I could go back to our childhood. It's a lot better than what I have to deal with now.

When I turned 18, Uncle Grintly kicked me out of the house, and made James go along with me. Court said I could take custody of him. And so I did.

For the next two years of our lives, we lived in a trailer park, and James went to a public school. I worked as a cashier, and James contributed to help with the money and helped a friend of mine from high school work on this house.

Whenever James truned 18, a couple weeks after, we received a letter in the mail. It said:

Dear Mr. Carvy,

your Uncle Grintly has become ill, and would like for you guys too stop in at his local hospital. 

Signed Karry

"Who's Karry?" James asked, whenever he saw the letter.

"I'm guessing his girlfriend." I said, and shrugged. "C'mon, lets go, I don't want to keep him waiting."

James got up, and grabbed the keys to the car.

We got in, and he handed me the keys.

"What if it's the same thing mom and dad had?" James asked.

"Lets hope not." I said, and started the car.

                                                               *Later, whenever they got to the hospital*

"Hi doctor." I said, walking in.

"Boy you two have grown since I've last seen you." The doctor said.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Follow me."

"Hi Uncle." I said, walking in.

"Hi boys." He said, trying to lean up.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"No, I have something bad."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm sorry-" He began to say, and started to cough extremely hard. Those were the last words he said.

We sat there for the last hours of his life.

"Calvin," James began to say. "We need to do something about this disease."

"Like what?" I asked.

"You said the doctor said when we were little, it was created for war, from Russia."

"Yeah?"

"We can stop this."

"You're over your head on this. We're only a 2 man army. The military wants nothing to do with Russia."

"Exactly. We can make a difference. It's already killed over half of our family." James insisted.

"James, there's nothing we can do."

"Calvin! We should die for trying, not from this disease!" James yelled.

"James, what are you gonna do, go through college? We don't have the money too."

"We have a ton saved up, enough for both of us." James said.

It took James a couple hours to convince me to try for the military. Finally he did, and we sat there in silence, with Uncle for the last 25 minutes.

It took us 4 years to get in, and when ever people were getting elected, me and James were one of the very last picks. This is where our journey, will began. This is where, we will stop this plague Russia has created. This is where, it all comes to an end.

Me and James will fight, and fight for when it comes to avenge our families death.