My Family Model

A/N: I wrote this for Child Development. 3 paragraphs, 386 words, 25 lines. Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy. -Cigolavon

I'm supposed to be able to define and explain the different family models, and the life cycles they go through. Also I need to have the ability to determine whether or not a family's life style is healthy. These ideas matter because they help us have a better understanding of ourselves and the people around us, because everybody's situation is doing to be different, and being able to distinguish between those differences matters. I'm choosing to demonstrate my knowledge of these ideas by writing about my family model and the life cycle I believe we're in now, which I think is a healthy one.

I would like to begin by saying I have an Extended Family model. I have many aunts, uncles, and a plethora of cousins. I can't even count how many, nor have I had the pleasure of meeting them all. The ones I have met have always been in my life. I've lived in the same house in the same city for the entirety of my life. As long as I can remember my family has lived here too. We've always been known to help each other out when help is needed. We celebrate Holidays together, and we are defiantly there to love and support each other even if we don't live under the same roof.

I would have to say the cycle of life my tiny family is in, my dad, mom, brother and I, is either the end of the Parenting Cycle or the beginning of the Launching Cycle. The Parenting Cycle is when the parents have to start guiding their children down the right path and when they're still helping us to make the right decisions. The Launching Cycle is when the children start to become independent and stop relying on their parents as much. This is often when a child would move out or go to college and start supporting themselves more. I would say we're in between the two phases because I don't rely on my parents anymore to help me make decisions, and I know what my next step is going to be in life. I'm also am at the point where I've started venturing out on my own. I could support myself financially even though it would be more difficult than the life I'm living now.

Vote and Comment if you enjoyed. :) -Cigolavon