Chapter 4 : Let The Quest Begin!

"Wakey wakey Collin, rise and shine!" Crystal said.

"Zuuba buuba nuu? (Where are we?)" Collin opened his sleepy eyes, he felt a little different after Idina put her purple mist to him the day before.

"We're in a cave silly," Crystal giggled. "Come on, let's have breakfast. I'm hungry." Crystal said while preparing some ingredients.

After they had their breakfast, Crystal took a look at her notebook. She thought for a while.

A strong and wise creature

The helpless shall ask

A word contains weapon

A weapon contains a curse

"Ugh, what could it mean? A strong creature? Bear perhaps?" Crystal groaned. She thought it was too difficult to solve the first one so she skipped to the next one.

Tied in a frozen wave

Lied to be saved

Catching the rays

And calling that says:

Here, here li'l wing

For you shall sing

To break the glass

And out in a flash

"Hey Collin, do you have any idea about frozen wave? Crystal asked.

Collin thought for a while and said, "Peeyali zuubana wuuzali chazia? "(Perhaps it's a cave made of ice?)

"Huh? I don't understand." Crystal raised her eyebrow.

"Zuwaa, chieavin vavalie triza vicha, maie nayala (You know, wave is kind of like a cave when they're high, especially when they're frozen)" Collin explained.

"Wait a sec! You're right Collin! Maybe the thing is at a frozen cave. Okay, next. 'Lied to be saved', of course we need to save it duh." Crystal rolled her eyes. "'Catching the rays' Hmm." Crystal was lost in her thought.

Suddenly she jumped up and hit her head to the cave. "I've got it Collin! 'Catching the rays' meant the thing is shiny." Crystal rubbed her head.

"Zuubi wuu!" (That's right!)" Collin said.

"Collin, I think before we ran out of time, we should just go to the cave and see what we could get!" Crystal said as she packed the things into her backpack.

"Zuunda wuu chizia? (But which cave?)" Collin asked scratching his head.

"Well, I think we should solve the other riddles so we can search at once." Crystal suggested.

Then, they both headed to The Witch-Brew-Ry, The witches library and it was the only library in Dauntidia.

"Hmm, 'In the melted blue', it should be an ocean or a lake or maybe a river. 'With a spark of mist', what could that be?" Crystal wondered. "That witch sure love riddles" Crystal thought.

"Fufura paziechi suizax baetach (There's The Witch-Brew-Ry)," Collin said, waking Crystal from her thought.

"Huh? Uh yeah, right. But Collin, I think we should do this at night. You know, sneaking." Crystal said.

"Zuuwa? Chuzu wazani vatsia liezvix." (What? What if they caught us, we're dead you know), Collin's eyes turned big having the thought of being caught by the wizards and the witches.

"Come on, I can't stand those eyes. It makes me feel like a stranger and I don't like that kind of feeling." Crystal said.

"Wee, zeze chacha name yo?" (Well, we are strangers aren't we?) Collin giggled, Crystal gave him a cold looking face.

"Bazaa" (Okay), Collin sighed.

They waited and waited behind a thick bush. "Collin, it's time! All the witches and wizards have gone home, let's go!" Crystal said to Collin who was chewing a mouthful of nutberries.

And so they searched the entire library for books about ice caves. It was difficult for them to find books as the library was filled with lots of brooms and dark curtains, its floor was made of dark wood which made the room even darker. In fact, it was the filthiest and the creepiest library they'd ever seen.

"AHA! Here it is, cave books." Crystal said waving the book to Collin who was busy finding books in the darkness. They searched for the highest frozen cave in Dauntidia. "Collin, the book says that The Wrath Cave is the highest frozen cave here. Besides, it says there maybe a chance that we could find lots of treasures inside. And it's also mentioned that no one has ever been there before." Crystal said shocked.

"Zayuba naa? (I wonder why?)" Collin said to himself.

"Maybe no one has ever been there because there's a beast inside? Or a maniac? Crystal thought in her mind. "Okay then Collin, let's go!" Crystal said.

They flew as fast as they could as it was almost sunrise and they hadn't even solved a single riddle. It wasn't long before they could see a white-covered-ice-cave in distance. "Collin, it was exactly like the one on the book!" Crystal said. They landed in front of the cave steadily and slowly flew inside.

It was scarier than that witch if she had to say. The cave was full of fog that made her eyes water and her wings were hard to be flapped so she managed to walk which was unusual for her. Collin was still flying and sometimes she had to pull him if he found his wings stuck in the fog.

They had completely no idea what to do in this icy cave. It was cold and the fog started to get away, revealing the frozen wall and floor.

"Watena buzi (Watch your steps)," Collin reminded her. He himself was getting used to fly in the frozen cave.

Crystal suddenly stopped, took a deep breathe and yelled stupidly, "Wherever you are, come out! We want something from you! Oh, we also come in peace!" Her voice echoed in the cave and Collin flew to her wings and hid there. "Thought you're a brave pet," She muttered and continued to walk.

"Hezi (Sorry)," Collin said at her back and tried not to sob.

"So, nothing special here, I think we're in the wrong cave. Let's go back." She decided. She was about to turn when a new voice echoed. Crystal and Collin were shocked.

"Are you here to mock my kingdom or to get a clue about your quest?" The voice boomed across the cave and she suddenly felt scared too. She reached her hand on a top of an ice blade, ready to change it into water if something happened. She tried to calm herself and recalled the trainings she'd been to. "My, you are stupid. Water cannot oppose me," The male voice echoed as he tried to read her thought.

"Are you a wizard who lives in this frozen cave? At least show yourself!" Crystal walked again.

"Stop!" The voice commanded and his voice was strong that made her feet couldn't move anymore. "One more step and you are in my sacred place, which is forbidden. At least show your respect to me."

"Show yourself!" She demanded.

"Show myself? Alright, as you wish Crystal the water fairy," He said and suddenly there were sparks that were shaping a fairy's body. Crystal gasped at that time. The sparks turned into a man.

"He must be 30 or at least 35," Crystal thought. "Who are you?"

"My name is Sade," said the man with a cold voice which gave Crystal the chill.