Chapter 3 - The Good Thing About Horror Movies

Tuesday, November 12, 2011

Before I go to Tucker’s house, I have to write. Even though I’m sitting on the floor in front of my locker quickly scribbling this before they come for me, I have to, I’m gonna explode if I don’t. The very first time I really talked with him was indescribable. He’s indescribable. His voice is like my favorite song, I just want to put it on repeat and listen again and again. I know that’s such a corny thing to think, but it’s true. He’s adorable; he blushes constantly when I’m around. It’s weird to say that I know I’m in love with him even though I don’t know anything about him. But what I do know is that everything I learn I will love as much as the last. The way he blushes makes my heart want to explode, it’s just so cute. He tries to hide behind his hair, ducking underneath his thick, dark bangs. I want to reach out and brush them away, make him look me in the eye. I don’t want him to hide from me. I want to know everything about him, even all the things I could never understand…

“Tuck, come on, it wasn’t really that funny.”

  As I struggled for breath and clutched at my aching stomach, I looked at her, and just burst out in laughter, for the second time. I was laughing so hard it hurt, my stomach and lungs were screaming at me to shut up, but I just couldn’t. I was laughing in such a ridiculous way that people were staring and even Krissy started to smile and smacked me upside the head as we reached Amaury’s locker, where he was sitting on the floor. As he stood up, I barely noticed him give me a weird look. Just as I started to calm down and wipe a tear from my eye, he asked, “What’d I miss?”

  “Just the most amazing moment of my entire life,” I answered, taking deep breaths and letting go of my stomach with a sigh.

  “Damn, that sounds important,” He teased. “What happened?”

  At this, Krissy shouted a frantic, “Nothing! Let’s just change the subject!” She looked at Amaury, “So, how was the rest of your day?”

  He gave her an amused look and crossed his arms. “No, I wanna hear what happened.”

  “No, I don’t think you do. It wasn’t anything big, I promise you that.” She pointed a finger at me menacingly. “Don’t you dare say one word.”

  Amaury turned to me now, eyes big and pleading, lip pushed out. It was enough to make me wanna cry it was so cute, and that crap never worked on me.

  “Nice try, bud, but that doesn’t work on, Tuck,” Krissy said with a satisfied tone and clapped a hand on my back.

  The hell it didn’t. “Well, see what happened was-”

  “Tucker! If you say anything else I swear to God-”

  “-she sat in chocolate pudding.”

  At this, she officially started to chase me in circles, her binder lifted up, ready to whack me in the head with it. I started laughing again as she jabbed at me.

   “And then-”

  Swat.

  “Ouch!” I said as she got me in the butt with her binder. Then I grinned. “And then she flipped out so bad she tripped on a garbage can, fell in backwards, and got stuck. I had to yank her out.”

  Amaury started laughing the same way I did, but not as ridiculously.   

  “Yeah, it was pretty amazing, but you had to be there for the full effect.”